Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new kitchen

Options
  • 07-03-2007 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, I've just bought a hse - a shell of a hse and it has no kitchen... on a budget - any ideas of the best way to buy and put in a kitchen??

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Moved.

Renot,
    take the time to read each forums charter, then you will know the best place to post a thread

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Budget kitchen is probably units and doors from B&Q or similar and self assembly, the guys on the Woodcraft forum should be able to sort out any tech problems for you.

kadman

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Or perhaps a second hand kitchen. If someone is changing their kitchen chances are the units will be in good condition so could be worth checking buyandsell or the papers. It won't be perfect but with a new worktop it can be a good solution. And a hell of a lot cheaper than B&Q. My first kitchen cost me 500 pounds second hand I think with a number of units left over.
    My latest new kitchen (different house) cost me approx 7k euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Cash and carry kitchens are quite cheep and their products are ok.All the units except larder units come assembled so that will save a bit of time.Maybe try installing it yourself as it will save you a few hundred quid,they are not that hard to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,606 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you get a Cash and Carry - and their stuff is good - remember that you are only buying the units, even if they recommend someone to fit it you have bought the kitchen and any issues will be with the fitter not Cash and Carry. If you find a salesman pushing one particular fitter he may well be a bit more expensive than if you have a choice of several, the difference is the kickback.

If you can fit it yourself they are good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RGSG19

Renot wrote: »
    Hi, I've just bought a hse - a shell of a hse and it has no kitchen... on a budget - any ideas of the best way to buy and put in a kitchen??

I will give you a Kitchen second hand with applicences for €1. - just bought a house and wish to make alterations
    also have a Stanley Range cooker but will want a bit more for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

RGSG19 wrote: »
    I will give you a Kitchen second hand with applicences for €1. - just bought a house and wish to make alterations
    also have a Stanley Range cooker but will want a bit more for that.

What is the model number of the range cooker and how much do you want for it. I'm looking for one of these to install in my own second hand kitchen which I also got for free..PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RGSG19

Hi knx,
    Dont know alot about this Stanley range only that I been told its worth 3500 second hand, I 'm willing to take 2000 for it.
    image should be attached, let me know if your intrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Thanks but thats not the kind of thing I'm lookin for. I actually took a range just like that out of my mothers kitchen a year or 2 ago and it was a bloody nightmare. Ended up havin to get an angle grinder at it to get it out the door.
    Sorry now for tellin ya that but that picture brought back the memories. Thanks anyway..

Advertisement