Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver running slow

Options
  • 07-03-2007 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I recently built a website index page with 29 buttons that i made in fireworks 8 so that when the mouse is over the button the text chnages to the irish of the text. The problem i am facing is that dreamweaver is running so slow when i go to open this site or the index page of this site, it nearly takes 5 minutes to open the index page. The page is showing that it is 82kb. The usual things are hapening text slow etc,I have opened other sites with not so much content and they work fine, well not super fast but at least you could work on them. I am running on 512ram and i have tried the same site on a machine with 1gb of ram and it reacts in the same way just a small bit faster. I have tried all the other suggestions from the forum so far and its still slow. I think its because i have so many firworks buttons on the index page even though it's only 82kb. Could anybody advise me on how to get the page running normal speed again. On other pages from the same site i only use half that amount of buttons but they are still not that quick. Tried most things, would anybody have some suggestion in relation to how fireworks can slow up the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 alphasolutions

You could optomise the size of the images used for the buttons so that they are smaller in size (memory size) and a leeser quality. It depends also if you preload all the images or not. The page will load quicker if you dont but it will still take a bit to load the image when someone does a roll over it but your page will load quicker initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

You could try looking into a different direction to create the onmouseover effect like using CSS and no javascript.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bobbyta

I have changed the images from a png extention to a html ext and i think this helped a little on working on the site like text etc but its still very bad (still mad slow to open the site). I am convinced that it has something to do with the buttons and the amount of them. The actual size of the buttons with the images associated with each button is still very small about 2 to 3kb. I also have an image on the top of the site which when i click on it dreamweaver tells me its 40kb so with all the buttons and this image surely the site should account for more than 82kb for the index page. I have to look into using css for the roll over i am not sure i will get the same font and effect that i have from fireworks.

Advertisement