Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yuppie Puppie Dog Hotel

Options
  • 07-03-2007 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hiya,

Im looking for a kennels in the Greystones area for a very small dog and came across Yuppie Puppie Dog Hotel on the Bray to Greystones road. Has anyone had any experience using this lady?

Thanks in advance.

Postman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have not used kennels at all but I would suggest paying a spot visit to the kennel & see/smell how the place is kept! Animals should be alert - dogs should be out & being walked - kennels should be clean & the owner should be proud & happy enough to show you ALL of the kennels - inside & out! Discuss how often dogs are walked etc & see if you can speak to any of her customers to find out how the dog was after the owner came home etc.

Good Luck - I have so many pets that I can not use kennels so my folks & I & my hubby take seperate holidays - Not much help am I???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

I live in Bray and use a brilliant dog boarder - I can pm you the details if you like. I dont like kennels and have never used them (too soft) but I can highly recommend this person who also walks my dog when I cant get home at lunchtime.

I did ring Yuppie Puppie once to make enquiries but I got the impression it was more boarding than kennels and then was recommended this other person who has a real rapport with dogs.

And no, its not me!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

Thanks for the replies, yes plz do PM me the details of the one you use in Bray. First time we have ever had to leave our dogs with a stranger, family or friends would normally look after them but no one is available on this occasion so it's a bit freaky :eek: . I would be much happier using someone who has been recommended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Details sent, postman.
    Enjoy your break and dont worrry about your doggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

Woulld appreciate details of your contact--to mind my dog over weekend
    thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 *Star*

Hey, I need somewhere to look after my dog as well for about 2 weeks in Summer. Could you pass the details onto me also?

Thanks!.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭woofie87

Goffie wrote: »
    I live in Bray and use a brilliant dog boarder - I can pm you the details if you like. I dont like kennels and have never used them (too soft) but I can highly recommend this person who also walks my dog when I cant get home at lunchtime.

I did ring Yuppie Puppie once to make enquiries but I got the impression it was more boarding than kennels and then was recommended this other person who has a real rapport with dogs.

Could I please get contact details of this person as well? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 twomaddogs

Yuppie Puppy is excellent, I had mine out there last week, first time they've been away from home.

They're usually with someone all day so I was nervous about kennels as well. Went with Yuppie Puppy as they don't have kennels as such, they have rooms with loads of beds for them to choose from (& underfloor heating!), the dogs are kept with dogs of similar size and temperment. Small dogs are kept in the house

I was very nervous picking them up, but they didn't want to come home they enjoyed it so much :D

They'd spent the whole time playing with other dogs, running around and getting walked. None of the usual problems you hear about when dogs come home from kennels, they were just pooped as they'd had so much playing and excercise. I'll definitely use them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

My dog went to them twice. The first time was before Barbara had really started up and all the dogs were kept in the house, now she has expanded the business (as one is entitled to do so) and now uses rooms and an acre field for the dogs :) Though I think some dogs still stay in the house! I know the first time we went to collect Bainne her basket was brought back out to us from Barbara's bedroom....enough said :eek:

Bainne still enjoyed her second experience too, she is an especially nervous dog and didn't mind too much though she really didn't want to stay as were leaving (climbed out over the really high fences) but I'm sure that was a complete exception of norm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭woofie87

Yuppie Puppie sounds great and its local! Thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rose 69

Hi, I am going on a 2 week break this summer and am looking for someone to look after my golden Retriver. Could you please give me the details of the person you are talking about. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daisydot

Would it be possible to have details of the dog boarder you use, if still available, Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

This is an old thread but yuppie puppie are very good, the smaller dogs are actually kept in the home in their own room and my parents dog stayed there and just pottered around after her. If I lived up that end of the country that's where I'd be putting my dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eimer10

Originally Posted by Goffie viewpost.gif

And no, its not me!!smile.gif

If possible i'd really appreciate that persons no also if they are still doing it. Am going on holiday in June and my dog cant go into a kennel. Many thanks

Advertisement