Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs credit card problems

Options
  • 07-03-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Has anyone else experienced a lot of difficult with dabs and their payment system. It's been over 3 days, and the equipment still hasn't shipped, despite sending them a few messages. It is also not the first time it has happened with them, and there are no problems on my bank's side.
    Very annoying. Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

this is more a consumer issue - moving it over there for better advice.

Bare in mind though, sometimes things don't ship for a number of reasons.

My order from komplett last week sat in their storeroom for 4 days before they shipped it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i ordered from dabs and they sent me an email asking me to verify my details. i verified them but the delivery was still pending for another few weeks. christmas passed (these were christmas presents) and a few weeks later, having ignored multiple emails, they cancelled my order without even emailing me. i deleted my account and never dealt with them again

the annoying thing is this was the third or fourth thing i'd bought from them and the other transactions were accepted no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

giancaldo wrote:
    Has anyone else experienced a lot of difficult with dabs and their payment system. It's been over 3 days, and the equipment still hasn't shipped, despite sending them a few messages. It is also not the first time it has happened with them, and there are no problems on my bank's side.
    Very annoying. Just wondering if I'm the only one.
    I had to wait a good while for my first order. As is the norm, I had to verify my identity. Ended up sending an email stating my name, address and relationship to name on credit card used [ah, that would be me, of course!]. Delivery took a few days also. Try using the interactive chat link on their website to chat with a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Had the same bother with Dabs over credit card payments this week - Ordered Monday and finally today I see the order as completed on their system.Their customer service leaves alot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

No complaints here ... yet.
    Just ordered from Dabs for the 1st time ever yesterday. Placed order at
    11am and got an email at 10pm to say my order was completed and
    dispatched. Checked my account history this morning and the order has
    "completed" status.

Although when I was signing up for my account I had to do a Visa Verification
    thing so maybe that speeded up things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

i used them took 2 weeks for the order to be dispatched when it was the laptop was faulty, send it back took weeks to get a refund, when i finally did it was not a full refund, it then took a further month to get all the money owed to me. Do your self a favour cancel the order and place it somewhere else its not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Quick update ... package arrived yesterday evening.

5 days alltogether from placing the order to delivery,
    and 2 of those days were the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

ethernet wrote:
    I had to wait a good while for my first order. As is the norm, I had to verify my identity. Ended up sending an email stating my name, address and relationship to name on credit card used [ah, that would be me, of course!]. Delivery took a few days also. Try using the interactive chat link on their website to chat with a human.
    Same story here, even though it was not my first ever Dabs order, it was my first order from dabs.ie. Still waiting for the e-mail to tell me the tracking number (they say it can take up to 24 hours; hah, the e-mail looking for verification details took only minutes to get to me). I suspect orders lie around waiting for collection, just like Pixmania do.

I heard (on boards) Dabs were fast, I estimate it will take a week to get delivery. Heard stories from non boards users that Dabs are slow.

A pity, Dabs prices are OK & I'd like a hassle free ordering experience.
    Would have ordered from Komplett, but they did not have what I wanted.

Advertisement