Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint honours degrees??

Options
  • 07-03-2007 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey i was just wondering if anyone here could offer some advice on joint honurs degrees?? Im only in first science at the minute and dont mean to get ahead of myself but i was hopin to get one in Chemistry and Physics. Has anybody here done anything similar and are the hours ridiculous??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

AFAIK you still do 12 modules which is what put me off it to be honest.

It's like getting 2 half degrees, although I'm single hons so haven't experienced it myself.

For that particular combination be prepared for a rough couple of years, they're both quite lab intensive subjects, chemistry in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I know 4 people who are doing final year of a joint honours degree. 3 are doing joint pharmacology and physiology, one is doing chemistry and pharmacology.

The phys/pharm guys don't have it too bad, overall about the same workload as straight pharm, maybe a bit more. Lots of course overlapping, and it seems quite enjoyable.

The girl doing chem/pharm, well fair play to her, she has some amount of work load. Even the different buildings she has to get to is a pain in the arse, but to be honest, it's some degree to have if you want to go into synthetic pharmacology.

Actually, I just remembered I was doing chem/pharm myself for the first week of 3rd year, but I moved to straight pharm after I realised the additional hassle. No regrets, but it would have been an interesting challenge, and the variety might have made it more doable.

Advertisement