Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 best broadband package?

• 07-03-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi does anybody know if a 3mb digiweb broadband package be any use for play xbox live. would I get away with eircoms 2mb package. Any help would be appreciated as Im unsure what speed would be suitable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I have 2mb BB and its fine. It's not really a massive thing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pk123

The rep at digiweb was trying to tell me that anything under 3mb was to slow is this just waffle to sucker me in. I would prefer to go with the eircom 2mb package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

go with the eircom 2 meg as thats more reliable , i had eircom for years and used it with live with no problems only switched when ntl was available in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I'm Xbox live in my house on the 2mb Ericom connection with no problems whatsoever. The 3mb is pure waffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

im using 1 mb and hardly ever lag ,he lied to ya dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

make sure the upload speed is at leat 256k, the higher upload the better for playing online!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

1mb is grand only time ive ever got lag was on street figher but everyone gets lag on sf2 the games just messed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

YEAh that guy was lying to you. many poeple played BF2 on a 512Kb connection and that is likely going to be far more demanding then any 360 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pk123

Many thanks for all your replies. I reckon i will go ahead with eircom so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

the package doesn't really matter what you need to be worried about is latency.

But as you can't really choose what "server" e.g. who's xbox you play on bar when playing with friends it really doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement