Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing networks?

• 07-03-2007 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

My dad recently got an upgrade, and gave me his 6680 which is a big step up from what i currently have.
    Unfortunately it's locked to vodafone and I'm meteor. It's a bb5 phone also and it so far cannot be unlocked. Therefore I was thinking of just changing over to vodafone.
    Is it as simple as walking in and asking to switch over, or is there a fee to be paid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

If your dad rings up vodafone he should be able to get it unlocked, IMO i dont think it would be going to vodafone just so u can have a good phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

don't go to vodafone. its the most expensive network by a long way. as plonk said, get your dad to phone up and ask. tell him not to take any guff about them not having the code, they 100% definitely do. but if you must change to voda, its just a matter of buying a sim for a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Yeah, if you just go into the Vodafone shop, you can ring customer care from there and they'll unlock it for free.

Advertisement