Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with HIS X1950pro turbo

Options
  • 07-03-2007 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am having a problem with a HIS X1950pro turbo card I bought.

Basically when I have both DVI outputs connected to something my PC fails to boot, absolutly nothing happens, no splash screen with the BIOS info or anything.

I have one connection connected to my CRT monitor via a VDI to VGA converter and the other is going directly to my 32'' LCD tv via DVI.
    When I disconnect the TV the pc powers up ok, and if I connect the DVI cable from the TV to it all is fine, I can even do this as soon as the BIOS screen appears and it boots up ok. I should point ot that the card requires a 450W PSU and I have a new 570W so I don't think it is a power issue.

But if I have it connected when I turn the PC on it wont start up. I have mailes HIS support and the want me to test the card in another system, the problem is that all other systems in the house are AGP. I do have another PCI-e mainboard but it is not compatable with the C2D E6600 chip I have.

Anyone else have any similar problems? I asked HIS if this was a known issue and they have said it is not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Never seen this kind of problem before myself either hmm..

Have you got another monitor with DVI that you can test with as I would like to see if the system boots normally with a PC DVI display and the VGA both connected.

If it where to it could be related to the TV, what make & model is the TV also ?

Does your motherboard have the latest bios as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

8T8 wrote:
    Never seen this kind of problem before myself either hmm..

Have you got another monitor with DVI that you can test with as I would like to see if the system boots normally with a PC DVI display and the VGA both connected.

If it where to it could be related to the TV, what make & model is the TV also ?

Does your motherboard have the latest bios as well ?

Yeah I have just updated to the latest BIOS.

The TV is a Lexsor LX068 (LC-32M5S), as my last card worked fine with it I don't think it is the TV. I have tried it with the TV powered on and off and it dosen't seem to make a differance.

I have just switched the two connections around on the card, and now it is booting fine with both displays on:rolleyes: weird!!!

Anyway its working fine now, woohooo back to watching vids on the TV as opposed to the 17'' monitor:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

That is odd at least it seems to be working okay now disaster averted :cool:

Advertisement