Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy high quality (twisted pair) ADSL cable?

Options
  • 07-03-2007 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Anyone know a good place to buy high-quality twisted pair RJ11-RJ11 (normal telephone connection) cable ~10-15m long in Ireland?

I found a few places on the internet (although none in Ireland) selling 'ADSL cable', but from the photos it just looks like a normal telephone cable to me - probably not twisted pair.

It's available on ebay, but I'd prefer to buy it from a normal online retailer. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

maplin or peats sell it by the metre

would cat 5 cable do you? you can crimp an rj11 socket onto the end of it. you'd have to buy the crimper which they also sell but you can always return it when you're finished with it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Phone cable is CAT3

Network cable is CAT5, 5e or 6

ANY kind of twisted pair cable will work

At 10m to 15m even non-twisted will work. The CAT3 cable works for ADSL up to 5000m at least :)

Advertisement