Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight Bulbs

Options
  • 07-03-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend replacement headlight bulbs for a vectra? I believe they are a H1 bulb. I'm looking for best possible light, willing to spend up to about €40. Cant afford to get HID headlamps just at the minute.

Would be handy if you could recommend a supplier in North Dublin too, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Halfords have a good selection. I got a pair of their top of the range bulbs for around €40 for a Passat. They made a big difference.

Be careful of those HID kits. Adding HID bulbs to non HID housings will dazzle oncoming drivers as HID/Xenon reflectors are differ from standard ones. They have been outlawed in many countries.

Anything above 55w is also not road legal in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Halfords "Super Brilliance" ones are the best. Buy one get one free on them and they are either 19.99 or 29.99 each depending on the type needed eg. H1, H7. If you are unsure just ask one of the lads and they can check it up on the PC as Halfords don't usually take back bulbs as they cannot be sold again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Not sure if those expensive bulbs are worth it, have never tried them, Vectra bulbs are h7 for dip bulbs, h1 for headlights and large capless for sidelights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers lads. I'll head up there tomorrow for a look. Someone was telling me about some kinda new Phillips bulbs that were supposed to be the mutts nutts but I cant remember the exact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

B&Q are cheaper

• Advertisement

Wheres B&Q in dublin? b&q.ie doesn't seem to exist

Swords, Tallaght, Liffey Valley

http://www.diy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Lucifer wrote:
    Not sure if those expensive bulbs are worth it, have never tried them, Vectra bulbs are h7 for dip bulbs, h1 for headlights and large capless for sidelights.

I bought a set of the Halfords super brilliance ones, mostly by accident, and I was surprised by them. They are nothing like proper HID lamps, but are noticeably better than the standard halogens. They are so much better that I got another set for the Mondeo, to try and squeeze a bit more life out of its flagging reflectors. The super brilliance ones don't destroy the reflector like 100w halogens do either.

Worth the money with the 2 for 1 offer anyway. Otherwise ebay or the motorfactors.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id be more inclined to get the philips vision plus than halfords own brand,

claims of 50% more light are backed up by plenty of reviews aswell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Cyrus wrote:
    id be more inclined to get the philips vision plus than halfords own brand,

claims of 50% more light are backed up by plenty of reviews aswell ;)

The Halford ones are made by General Electric.

Cheers lads picked up the Halfords super brilliance set yesterday and due to the 2 for 1 offer picked up that Haynes manual I've been threatening to buy for 15 months now!! Bulbs are noticeably brighter than standard halogens.

Cheers for the help

Advertisement