Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pumps that skin your heels

• 07-03-2007 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I have a pair of flat pumps, round toe, and they have constantly skinned my heels. To combat this I took to wearing plasters on my heels. While this worked, in essence, the plasters started sliding off and then there was that plaster gunge that sticks to the skin, as a result the very pretty but painful pumps now reside in the back of my wardrobe. So today I bought another pair of pumps in Schuh and they felt fine in the shop. But now Im walking around at home and it appears I have the same problem. So my point is, Im looking for permanent ways to beat this irritating skinning. Anyone know of any ways to fix it. Im open to anything, coz I refuse to waste a perfectly good pair of shoes..again!

Cheers Guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Wear thicker socks?

I've worn those Scholl blister pad thingies on my heels a few times when I really wanted to wear a particular pair of shoes with tights/bare feet. They stayed well stuck on pretty much until I took them off.

I think the reason it happens with the shoes I have is because they're a bit too loose and slip up and down my heel as I walk. I should have tried them on early in the day as is recommended (before feet swell from walking around shops all day)!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Agh, I have the cutest pair of shoes that destroy my heels! I wear socks under them, but still to no avail. I just can't wear them :(.

There is the option of moleskin (either Dr. Scholl or most places like Boots do an own brand one). I find it works well when put on the inside of shoes, and lasts longer than putting it on your heels. I use it on my Converse, but I doubt it would be any good with pumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

the exact same thing happened to me. i have a pair of pumps and they weren't too bad on the night out (maybe cos i was number from drink?!?!) but the morning after they skinned my heels til they bled. i wore them again on a recent night out (sober) and they were fine??? i must have stretched them.

funny thing is the whole point of flats is that they arent supposed to hurt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i have to wear shoes like that in work and my heels were basically raw when i took them off at the end of my shift, one day my manager saw me walking around with no shoes on and suggested that i put vaseline on the heel of them just to soften them upa bit and it actually worked so well...they feel amazing now...try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

I would have thought that softening your heels would make them easier to damage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Are they leather? You could take them to a shoeshop and have them stretched? I had it done to a pair of leather kitten heels and they're so much more comfortable now!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Thanks guys but I've decided to take them back and save myself the bother. Il see if I can find a softer pair. No point in paying for something I know Il never bother wearing that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

Reading this made me kinda realise the amounts of abuse we give our tootsies. Tbh, probably all in the name of fashion. I've been told to just get a comfy pair from Clarks but I'm still conviced that Clarks are like orthopedic (right word?) shoes like the one Ugly Betty wears. Anybody ever got stylish comfy shoes in there? (for work and walking around town during lunch)

Advertisement