Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ressurection

Options
  • 07-03-2007 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Heard about this supposedly new bar thats been opened above Nestors called "Ressurection". Anybody been to it yet and can anybody tell me what kind of group it caters for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Tis a rock bar, good atmosphere, but very bright around the bar and the "stage" area is very dark, which is just plain wrong.

If you're into rock i'd say 2 thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Yup,its the brand new rock venue for Limerick (methinks and mehopes!). Some cash needs to be spent on the place though.

Stage is less than ideal, as it is off centre and open on one side and as foinse mentioned, is quite poorly lit. Bar is kind of semi thrown together.

A bit more planning and some money and Limrock should be restored to its former status!

edit: To answer your main question (!), it would probably cater for most types of groups. Have heard of some varied bands playing there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bit of an odd place to put a rock bar though,the clientele of nestors and rock bar dont exactly go together (unless they were playing rock versions of wolfe tones songs)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

There is another new bar opening in Limerick, part of the Trinity Rooms I think.

Heard an add on Newstalk for a new "Gastro" pub looking for a head chef and the email contact was the Trinity Rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

krudler wrote:
    bit of an odd place to put a rock bar though,the clientele of nestors and rock bar dont exactly go together (unless they were playing rock versions of wolfe tones songs)

Good observation krudler; it's somewhat similar to what the highstool experienced back in the day. You had the front bar, where the old desmond arms clientele used to sit and drink (all day long) and then the back bar where all the rock madness unfolded. It was really bizarre at times. Fair enough you'd get the odd scuffle,but it would be put to a halt quickly.

Having been to a couple of gigs in Nestors both in the downstairs bar, and recently in the new venue, hassle has been minimal. Even Moreso now that the venue is upstairs, so you cant accidentally bump into some scobies beore or his fist for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Apologies for the shameless self-pimpage, but my band is playing there tonight. I wasn't involved in the booking, but from what Ive heard, the stage isn't ideal, as theres a barrier going around it, like the stage in the Stables in UL. Apart from that, Ive heard its pretty cool.

Advertisement