Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vel Satis

Options
  • 07-03-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

I've been sniffing around an 03 Vel Satis 3.0V6 DCI initiale. The car has 43,000 miles and appears to be in excellent condition. They're rare enough here, does anyone have any opinions on what I should pay? VRT reckon it's worth €19,700, but i'm not so sure...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As little as is humanly possible, unless you're prepared to keep it forever as a collectors item.

Resale (at least within the next 20 years) will be a very, very painful experience.

Older 3 litre cars are very hard to sell on anyway ...add to that the Renault factor and multiply by exotic Vel satis ...equals zero interest a few years down the line.

EDIT:
    If you're willing to spend nearish 20 k on a three litre Renault, try THIS for size.

That one at least (due to its rarety) you should be able to sell on at reasonable money ...not necessarily in Ireland, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You know what, you're probably right.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

How very odd, I was looking at Avantimes on Autotrader.co.uk before the footy started tonight, just to see what they are going for now.

This lot have a 2.0T (faster than the 3.0?) with 30k for £7k. If I was keeping it forever, it would be tempting...:rolleyes: Odd colour for the car I think, but an odd (cool) car anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Vel Satis is the car I will be buying when it comes time to change the Safrane (assuming availability, otherwise I'llbe moving down the list). I love my safrane and will be keeping it as long as possible, the Vel Satis is the natural replacement. Been looking at a couple when nosing around Renault garages and I really like it. Straight off Iloved the look so as long as it came close to the Safrane for comfort and spec I'd be happy. Ticks all my boxes.

Have to say I really like the Avantime aswell. It's loosley based on the Espace and was built by the crowd that used to build the espace for Renault. My dad bought a Laguna a few weeks back off the guy I bought my safrane from. He had an Avantime for a while and I was hoping to have a look round it when collecting the Laguna but he just sold it.

I'd probably be more willing to part with 20k for the Vel Satis over the Avantime though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

can ye guys not splash out on something that might actually appreciate in value over time such as a wonderful hudson hornet.......:D

sure, you wont get leather, abs, traction control or climate control....
    but its more of a head turner than a vel satis id imagine:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

legs11 wrote:
    can ye guys not splash out on ..a wonderful hudson hornet....... its more of a head turner than a vel satis id imagine:rolleyes:

stomach turner more like :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Masochism is alive and well clearly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

'sfunny, you don't hear about these for years, and all of a sudden.........my wife saw one yesterday and wondered what it was, and would it be any good...

I note Galway Renault describe theirs as 'collectors car'.........is this because it doesn't run??? :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I imagine the problem with buying one of these is the fact that they mostly only show up in Renault dealers who want to do the traditional raping of the client before they'll sell you anything - "It's a collectors car" therefore will cost you more :rolleyes: and the problem that these will hold their value better in the uk as they will be better appreciated there as some cars are.

best bet if buying anything like this on these shores is wait till one comes up private and brush up on your bullsh*t bingo before bending the vendor over.

I'd love to have etheir if I were in that market but thankfully I am not. (Still looking at 2 ish seater vertibles :) lucky me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Masochism is alive and well clearly :D
    It sure is.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement