Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio helps spread Irish Traditional music

• 07-03-2007 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Does radio help spread traditional music at all or what do yee think... Discuss :D

also if yee have any ideas on where to get info on this or who to contact about it (besides the obvious rnag) let me know please and thanking you :D

Also:
    1) Has trad music been pushed out to the margins on RTÉ?

and

2) Have the Wolfe Tones been censored on RTÉ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

So bumping thread... any suggestions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RosieRo

I don't really know about the Wolfe Tones and RTE but radio definitely helps spread Irish music. I worked on a tempoary Irish music radio station last summer broadcasting to the midlands and the response we had was amazing. There's a great need to hear more Irish music on Irish radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

RosieRo wrote:
    I don't really know about the Wolfe Tones and RTE but radio definitely helps spread Irish music. I worked on a tempoary Irish music radio station last summer broadcasting to the midlands and the response we had was amazing. There's a great need to hear more Irish music on Irish radio.

Can I ask what station was that and do you have details of who I might contact at that station to get information from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Trad programme on my station, NEARfm is pretty good. People are encouraged to get involved and play live on air.

I took a few photos a couple of weeks ago as there was about 10 young people in playing trad on a wide variety of instruments.

382813429_2ff08adc15.jpg

The studio was a bit cramped with so many people in it, but there was a great vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RosieRo

Heya,

They're not broadcasting at the moment because they were using a temporary licence but they hope to run another temporary licence at the end of June. Contact details are on the website www.countryandirish.ie

They're a really nice crowd of people to work with and I hope to get involved again this summer.

g'luck,
    Rosie

• Advertisement
Advertisement