Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a mid terrace extension

Options
  • 08-03-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi
    I'm looking to extend a 150 yr old mid-tce house. House currently has a return taking up some space in the back garden. Also has a crappy bathroom upstairs in a weird format that takes from one of the return bedrooms.

I'd like to extend the kitchen and fill out some of the area that the return is not taking up ... but realise I may be quite limited in what I can go for given the neighbours' requirements for light etc.

Query basically is where I might find ideas for mid terrace extensions of old houses. Presume the issues I will face have all been faced before. Any resource out there with sample pre/post plans etc. I will eventually contact an architect but I'd like to have an idea of potential plans before doing so.

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The one thing you wont get here is plans. You dont say where you are located but most Councils have an online planning system so check your local Council's web site and you may be able to access the planning documents. If you are lucky you may find an application for a similar type of development.

Sooner or later you are going to have to go to an architect so go sooner and make him earn his money and get him to prepare a couple of drafts to get ideas from.

Advertisement