Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggest a shirt?

• 08-03-2007 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

I have a black pinstripe suit with silver stripes, like this one http://cache.corbis.com/pro/crop4/images/believe/pg59.jpg

I want to get a shirt for it this weekend cause its my cousins confirmation. Nothing too formal (he doesn't want anyone to look better than him!) just a nice colour to offset the blackness of the suit. I've quite a pale complexion which doesn't help the matter. I'd just like some suggestions for colours and/or patterns that might be suitable to have an idea when I go to the shop. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Ask the people working in the shop and then try a couple of shirts on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Thanks hadn't thought of that before posting. :rolleyes:
    :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Not sure of colour but definitely not a pattern, a pattern is too much with a pinstripe in my opinion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

No pattern :D

Plain black or white shirt would look fine IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Depends on your features. But I think the blue shirt looks well underneath the suit. White can look too formally, and black can look a bit dead depending on the suit etc.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'd get a white shirt, maybe with a subtle pinstripe that is only viewable up close. Wouldn't go with black if you are at all pale and blue doesn't sound like it would go with the suit. Although maybe a very pale blue would go. Are you planning on wearing a tie?

M&S have a really wide selection of nice suit type shirts and they are cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

yea deffo don't get a patterned shirt!

a plain white one or a very plain buey one should go!

Advertisement