Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeout?

Options
  • 08-03-2007 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am new here and I was just am a bit confused about this problem: Whenever I take time to write a reply to a post or make a post thread which takes a bit of time ie about 5 minutes, my account seems to time out and I have to log in again?

This is really annoying as the post I write doesn't exist anymore? What I tend to do is copy the text, log in again and find the thread and copy it in again. Is this a protocol of this forum or is it an problem which I have to resolve for myself?
    Thanks for any replies.

Ps the time it took to write this made me sweat a bit as to whether it would go through. I type at approx 50-60 words per min.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You could try ticking the 'Remember Me' box when you login to view a forum or post. If it keeps occuring after that, try clearing your cache and repeat the first step again.

See image below for more help.

355613935818917152996500_untitled.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Ok thanks for the effort you put in there with the image and all but I don't seem to have a 'remember me' option on login? And how do you clear your cache? Oh the cache on my internet options, I do that often anyway and it is still the same.

Ok I cleared cache will see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The "remember me" option isn't on the front-page log-in form, but it is on all the other log-in forms.

Got it.The remember me option was the problem.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Just to add to this, I just cleared the usual cookies and all the rest and re-logged in and experienced the same probs. This could and is a problem to new users which I am highlighting as feedback for you guys.

Maybe if you had the remember me on this main log in as an option as it is in the other forums?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If you clear your cache and start again, you'll need to click the "remember me" box again.

Advertisement