Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit shy about gettin legally high....

• 08-03-2007 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

coming down towards the tail end of my youth i look back with marvel and fondness thinking about all the recreational things i did like illicit drugs and women. :p . married now with kids i have developed something of a social conscience and a respect for my body which makes revisiting the illicit activities a greater difficulty. but i still want to get mongrelled in the same way i used to so i came across a variety of legal substances available from the net etc. and i wondered if i could get some unbiased and reasoned advice/reviews b4 i lash out on the visa. i'm bored with booze, too lazy/laddy to seek enlightenment and i dont want 2 give some vermin knacker scum my honest money for possibly unknown substances. Anyone got anything 2 say on this? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Smeggley

by legal highs i mean specifically BZP -related products or the new stuff from london undergd. will check back....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I think yore ma was high when she was pregnant with you tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

BZP ain't worth it IMO. Very bad comedown. If you must then take a low dose to start with and if you like it then gradually work up to higher doses in future takings of the drug. Don't just assume because it's legal you can pop a random BZP pill and you'll be grand. Granted it's not gonna kill you(same as a standard dose of pure MDMA wouldn't), but it's a strong high and you might not be able to function at all the next day, so make sure you have a day free after the day you take it.

The only other worthwhile legal high I've tried is Salvia, which is worth it if you want 5-10 minute bursts of incapacitated insanity. Although don't do more than 0.1g 5x your first time as if you take too big a dose without experience you could end up with a bad trip, which could be scary(although, again, it's only a 5-10 minute trip).

I've heard Spice Gold and Kratom are also worthwhile legal highs, but I've yet to try them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is crap.Plenty drug forums out there. Find them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

biko wrote:
    This is crap.Plenty drug forums out there. Find them?
    "After Hours
    All things non-work related."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Hmm, most of the legal highs are quite spiritually orientated. Like Salvia Divinorum, although kids don't understand it. Apparently "The Fast & The Furious" is a legal substitute for E, my mate told me it's the real shizzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

DaveMcG wrote:
    "After Hours
    All things non-work related."

yeah, must change that.

how about 'AH, add something useful to the thread'.

should cut down on half the posts here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

JC 2K3 wrote:

The only other worthwhile legal high I've tried is Salvia, which is worth it if you want 5-10 minute bursts of incapacitated insanity.

5- 10mins... trips can go alot longer than that on salvia...and manytimes they ain't so pleasent

rosewood seeds are also an alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Smeggley wrote:
    coming down towards the tail end of my youth i look back with marvel and fondness thinking about all the recreational things i did like illicit drugs and women. :p . married now with kids i have developed something of a social conscience and a respect for my body which makes revisiting the illicit activities a greater difficulty. but i still want to get mongrelled in the same way i used to so i came across a variety of legal substances available from the net etc. and i wondered if i could get some unbiased and reasoned advice/reviews b4 i lash out on the visa. i'm bored with booze, too lazy/laddy to seek enlightenment and i dont want 2 give some vermin knacker scum my honest money for possibly unknown substances. Anyone got anything 2 say on this? :D

I have to ask, why not go to Amsterdam? You won't be giving "some vermin knacker scum" your "honest money for possible unknown substances". Plus it's a bit of a holiday so you'll enjoy it. There's lots of things to do in Amsterdam while you're there too, like visiting the Anne Frank museum for instance.

You say you respect your body, but you're going to be putting chemicals into it - your body doesn't know if they are 'legal' substances or not, and being 'legal' doesn't mean they are not as damaging as other 'illegal' substances - unless of course the 'illegal' substances have been tampered with, but you are after all misusing the legal substances.

You should really research everything you can about any drug you put into your body before you do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

I have to ask, why not go to Amsterdam? You won't be giving "some vermin knacker scum" your "honest money for possible unknown substances". Plus it's a bit of a holiday so you'll enjoy it. There's lots of things to do in Amsterdam while you're there too, like visiting the Anne Frank museum for instance.

Second that i plan to go back ther myself over the summer without the group of lads on binge.

Best advice is to see the city not the red light district.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

Why legal highs? Does that in some way make them safer or morally better? No.

Cocaine, e, weed etc. were all legal highs at some point. Illegal drugs are generally better as they actually work. The best legal highs are the sort of personal achievement ones like running a marathon. Perhaps you should look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

scojones wrote:
    You should really research everything you can about any drug you put into your body before you do so.

http://www.erowid.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

Jocksy wrote:
    Why legal highs? Does that in some way make them safer or morally better? No.

Cocaine, e, weed etc. were all legal highs at some point. Illegal drugs are generally better as they actually work. The best legal highs are the sort of personal achievement ones like running a marathon. Perhaps you should look into that.

the reason he wants natural highs is because theres times when drink just wont cut it. and if the gents of the age of being married with kids/ house etc, he probably doesn't want to mess that up by getting a criminal record for soliciting illegal substances. also if he buys legal highs (which are available in the hemp stores around Dublin no need to go searching on line) its going to be coming from a regulated safe factory and probably hasn't spent some part of its life up someones ass and wont give him an embolism.
    As with all drugs if you know what your doing, learn your limits and be safe you'll be grand.Legal highs are still pretty heavy and they do have a big come down but if you gradually build up a resistance you'll be fine.
    my only advice is stock up now before our obese minister for health bans them.

I ran a marathon once and i took drugs...guess which one got me higher? bonus question, guess which one had me in bits the next day?

nicolo wrote:
    the reason he wants natural highs is because theres times when drink just wont cut it. and if the gents of the age of being married with kids/ house etc, he probably doesn't want to mess that up by getting a criminal record for soliciting illegal substances. also if he buys legal highs (which are available in the hemp stores around Dublin no need to go searching on line) its going to be coming from a regulated safe factory and probably hasn't spent some part of its life up someones ass and wont give him an embolism.
    As with all drugs if you know what your doing, learn your limits and be safe you'll be grand.Legal highs are still pretty heavy and they do have a big come down but if you gradually build up a resistance you'll be fine.
    my only advice is stock up now before our obese minister for health bans them.

I ran a marathon once and i took drugs...guess which one got me higher? bonus question, guess which one had me in bits the next day?

Jim Fixx, health nut, died young....from a heart attack.

Pete Doherty, Chemical bin, still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Drugs are bad....mmmkay!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

party pills and the like do work well but many people report a filthy come down, i found it grand though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

www.erowid.org before you try anything.

For example I can buy Kratom in the Hemp store, and It's very pleasant. What I didn't know before I bought it is that it's highly addictive. Learn about what you're taking before you take it.

2C-I, 2C-B, 2C-Y and 2C-E for the win

(not all at the same time though :eek: )

There's lots out there if you're prepared to do a bit of research

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

What ever happened to kicking back with a fat spliff ?

You kids these days and your fancy lab made drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

legal highs are ****e

they will cause more damage than your body than what the government decided should be against their book of laws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Jump out a plane, it's more of a buzz and you're not messing up your system.

So Glad wrote:
    Jim Fixx, health nut, died young....from a heart attack.

Pete Doherty, Chemical bin, still alive.

What age was he as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've done the BZP pills a few times and generally haven't found the come down bad at all. On one occasion I was quite drunk at the same time and I had a god awfull headache the next day but I was able to sleep that night fine. Any other time I've taken them I've ranged from having a deadly time to just feeling slightly better than being sober (not on a good buzz for the price of the pills) but have stayed awake for up to 48hours afterwards. People always refer to this as insomnia but I wouldn't really class it as that, I've never tried to go asleep, I've just been completely awake, still having a good time and done something else instead of trying to sleep. Most of the guys in the Hemp stores will know what they're talking about and would be a good place to start askign a few Qs.

What age was he as a matter of interest?

51. Eating tofu every day whilst jogging at dawn, while the Rolling Stones are getting the best out of their noses while they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I've found the BZP in tablet forms to be just ok (200mg), but also had difficultly sleeping. Those in capsule form were great (120mg), good buzz, no comedown, get to sleep no problem. Got them in the Hemp Store, Capel steet

5- 10mins... trips can go alot longer than that on salvia...and manytimes they ain't so pleasent
    Trips generally only last longer than that on higher doses of salvia and on people who've already done Salvia a few times(Salvia has a reverse tolerance effect). Unpleasant trips also tend to come from people doing salvia in the wrong setting(ie. anywhere but a dark room) or doing it when nervous or not relaxed in some way.
    Simona1986 wrote:
    Most of the guys in the Hemp stores will know what they're talking about and would be a good place to start askign a few Qs.
    I'm not so sure about that. Head shop workers are notorious for not having a clue about what they're selling and/or giving out dodgy info.

My advice:do your own research.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there's stuff called Spice Gold, it's like mid range weed and it's better than the crap hash you used to get around Ireland

it's legal, and ity's actually fantastic.. gets you really high, giggly and everything.

hawaiian baby woodrose seeds have LSA, which is kinda like LSD.. and salvia.. salvia is ****ed up, I'm never doing that **** again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Hemp store staff are generally bigger scumbags than stereotypical heroin dealers.* Sure, they mightnt have a scowl and a dirty trackie but theyre peddling that BZP filth to kids. Simona, you got lucky to be quite honest, Ive seen the bad effects of BZP first hand and it is utter poison. Know of one person who ended up in hospital after his leg muscles pretty much froze and the entire legs lost feeling, he was terrified and paranoid he would be paralysed, truly awful experience. Others have experienced severe paranoia and violent thoughts (luckily their bodies were too ****ed to wipe their own arse, let alone stab anyone, but if they hadnt been Id dread to think of what could have happened). These are people who have been taking stuff for years, its not like they are first tiomer kids. As a previous poster said, its ironic that many illegal drugs are much safer than some of the dodge stuff these places sell. Generally speaking, legal highs have either

a- No effect whsohover on the user
    b- Cause tiredness, nothing more
    c- Are terrifying, lethal hallucinogenic stuff

*: in my dismissal of them as scum who should burn in hell, I omit the gorgeous blonde Pole/wherever bird in the one on Capel Street 2nd nearest to the quays. I dont care if she is selling poison, she`d still get schlaughtered :D
    Mordeth wrote:
    there's stuff called Spice Gold, it's like mid range weed and it's better than the crap hash you used to get around Ireland

it's legal, and ity's actually fantastic.. gets you really high, giggly and everything.

My hole it is. Its more like a sleeping tab. The bags of it they sell do sweet FA, barely any effect. The pre rolled spliffs of it make people extremely tired and wasted, nothing more. If the type of high people want consists of the same feeling you get after crashing on to the couch having worked a 15 hour day, knock yourself out. All that rubbish is best avoided.

That's well dodgy sounding. I haven't read many a bad review from BZP anywhere on the web. 99% of negative reviews were people saying they didn't affect them enough. Some of my friends don't feel anything at all when taking the same amount as me and another mate of mine looks and seems like he's taken twice the amount. Again, also experienced with the not legal highs which offer similar experiences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you've missed a whole lot of legal highs shane

bzp is a nasty drug from what I've heard about it, worse than e.

it's a pity that fat bitch outlawed magic mushrooms

Mordeth wrote:
    you've missed a whole lot of legal highs shane

bzp is a nasty drug from what I've heard about it, worse than e.

it's a pity that fat bitch outlawed magic mushrooms
    Where have you heard that, lgot a link? I wouldn't exactly class E as a particularly "nasty" drug if you know what you're doing, the only reason I would label it as nasty is because it is illegal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

OP, let's just hope your kids don't come home when you're mashed off your face :rolleyes: Seriously, can people not grow up ffs, this attitude towards narcotics whereby it's ok once but never again is dangerous to society and quite frankly, it disgusts me.

So Glad wrote:
    51. Eating tofu every day whilst jogging at dawn, while the Rolling Stones are getting the best out of their noses while they can.

:rolleyes: Bill hicks claims another victim. If you read anything about the guy you'd know that his family had a history of heart disease. Plus he hadn't always been healthy. And he was 52:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

:rolleyes: Bill hicks claims another victim. [/url]

Indeed. Bill Hicks was a very funny guy. He was also a recovering alcoholic and drug addict with a very one dimensional view of the issues (i.e. drugs) that his supporters usually bring him up regarding.

If you want to have a good bellylaugh about drugs try a bit of Richard Pryor. At least hes honest doesnt focus solely on the positives of addictive substances.

And possibly the worlds best stand up to boot.

btw Jim Fixx died in his 50s. Hicks died in his early 30s :rolleyes:

Kenny 5 wrote:
    OP, let's just hope your kids don't come home when you're mashed off your face :rolleyes: Seriously, can people not grow up ffs, this attitude towards narcotics whereby it's ok once but never again is dangerous to society and quite frankly, it disgusts me.
    There has been not one mention of any narcotic in this thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

shane86 wrote:
    btw Jim Fixx died in his 50s. Hicks died in his early 30s :rolleyes:

And Keith Richards is still alive in his 60s. What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Smeggley wrote:

I'd say just go to The Hemp Store on Caple St.(I think they have a store in Cork now aswell), they also post to your home if you don't want to actually go into the premises, (most of the staff actually do know what they are talking about and do give good advice despite what previous posters have said) rather than using a website, there really are hundreds of scam websites (as well as some geniune and reliable ones) selling legal highs. Also like people have said, research what you plan on taking on www.erowid.org, easily the best resource on the web for info on drugs. If you for some reason really only want to order online www.sjamaan.com are reliable (well as reliable as any online retailer), it's where The hemp store source alot of thier products. Just remember when ordering these kinds of products online to make certain they are legal in Ireland.

If you have more specific questions in relation to the varias legal highs or anything else just post them and I'll try to awnser them.

There has been not one mention of any narcotic in this thread....

Kratom is a narcotic

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: Bill hicks claims another victim. If you read anything about the guy you'd know that his family had a history of heart disease. Plus he hadn't always been healthy. And he was 52:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

I regret nothing!

beans wrote:
    Kratom is a narcotic
    Damn....

You got me there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

have you tried vodkaredbull?

i dont know, but i find if i have one or two pints, then get tanked up on vodka and red bull, im happy as fcuk, and dancing all night.

or try redbull with jagermeister, or brandy,,,

have you tried vodkaredbull?

i dont know, but i find if i have one or two pints, then get tanked up on vodka and red bull, im happy as fcuk, and dancing all night.

or try redbull with jagermeister, or brandy,,,

I've done that, doesn't seem to work.

I find ordering pints with chasers do the trick..

Meh 80% absinthe all the way. A naggin of that will sort you out OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Wait, drugs are illegal?

Meh 80% absinthe all the way. A naggin of that will sort you out OP

Yeah, had my mates in my kitchen drinking that stuff at 4 in the morning. Needless to say, it's good stuff.

My mate started eating cat food and parmesan.....go figure...

It made me want to listen to black metal...closest I've been to a trip yet though in fairness....

The op should go to a good metal gig, I was at M*st*d*n at the weekend, haven't felt that euphoric in months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

wikipedia says BZP was originally synthesized in 1944 as a potential anthelmintic (anti-parasitic) agent for use in farm animals gotta laugh

It made me want to listen to black metal...closest I've been to a trip yet though in fairness....

The op should go to a good metal gig, I was at M*st*d*n at the weekend, haven't felt that euphoric in months!

Another time me and my mate drank a bottle (yes) of absinthe between us and more drinks in a bar and I can safely say, I've NEVER been as innebriated in all my life. At some point of the night I wrote a note to myself (presumably) saying some completely random stuff (although probably made sense at the time) and I had found out just a few days ago that writting notes and being suddenly creative is a common occurance while on absinthe...

Strange, strange substance...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement