Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit shy about gettin legally high....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You want all this pillform crap? Why? Just email Canada; they will hook you up with the green stuff.

Heres something to think about: Pills = liver failure = immediate death within 4 days of an overdose. Same cannot be sad of the leafy lover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Overheal wrote:
    You want all this pillform crap? Why? Just email Canada; they will hook you up with the green stuff.

Heres something to think about: Pills = liver failure = immediate death within 4 days of an overdose. Same cannot be sad of the leafy lover.
    What about Weed = Schizophrenia = fúcked up life?

You can't just take one bit of propoganda and believe it whilst promoting another substance which also has false propoganda associated with it.

The ill effects of nearly every drugs arise from too much use, wrong dosage or use in the wrong setting/location and mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

yeah, must change that.

how about 'AH, add something useful to the thread'.

should cut down on half the posts here.

We could just change it to, only topics WhiteWashMan approves of. How's that sound?

Note: Subject to change the next time someone complains about a topic he/she does not like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

MooseJam wrote:
    wikipedia says BZP was originally synthesized in 1944 as a potential anthelmintic (anti-parasitic) agent for use in farm animals gotta laugh

You have a large dump the next day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Has the OP even posted on the thread again since he started this shit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

That salvia stuff is crazy.. its not like mushrooms where you knew it was a trip after, u actually believe what happened for weeks after.. be warned!

JC 2K3 wrote:
    What about Weed = Schizophrenia = fúcked up life?

You can't just take one bit of propoganda and believe it whilst promoting another substance which also has false propoganda associated with it.

The ill effects of nearly every drugs arise from too much use, wrong dosage or use in the wrong setting/location and mindset.

How many schizophrenics do you know as a result of cannabis intake? I know none personally.

How many celebrities die of schizophrenia vs. overdose?

John Nash had a good life; he always had friends, even when nobody was around....

Also on a much more important note: better to be schizophrenic than DEAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

People do have bad times from hash (not as much a cannabis) due to the disgraceful quality of it these days. Most people with any common sense would quit smoking bong after bong, day after day (like I did in my youth) once they start to feel the consequences of it, but if they continue doing it, it is nobodies fault but their own, I would have no sympathy. It's no accident.

Plus, most people who have bad times on hash get over them.

Many people who have never tried drugs are admitted into mental hospitals and having mid-life crisis's merely because they are finding life troublesome. Trying to maintain a peaceful mind-set in a crazy world can drive anyone crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Smeggley

*dr. nick* hello everybody! nice one all of you for your kind replies, except for the odd one who can go **** off and felch processed carrots from harney's rotting arsehole....anyway within a few hours of posting last time i went off and ordered a rake of stuff.....and now I will be returning most of it as the stuff i did take just gave me unpleasant side effects like inabilty to sleep and **** that smelled like you'd imagine a smell from a plague rat's arse (check postings on www.everyonedoesit.co.uk for a more in depth discussion with a bunch of brit drug-zombies)...deeply (eh) disillusioned with the lorra of i'. Gone to the dam a few times.....which has made me want to keep up old habits but I'm a prisoner of conscience on the illegals-just cant disassociate the possibilty of somebody's death from the drugs that come to meet my demand for a line up the snuffer, or gobbing a few pills-just to get high. Will try a couple of the bzp things out of mundane curiosity but will go back to booze and wife-beating after that...once again thank you for any constructive replies except those of you who deserve to be ass-pounded by a Pat Kenny in high-heels whilst high on PCP and BZP.....and screaming to you something terrible in spanish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Herbal ecstasy is an experience I don't want to repeat. Came up quite like the real stuff but wasn't quite as nice. Couldn't sleep til bout 5 am which was pretty frustrating. Felt a filthy comedown the next day. Tbh, I'd say that it's probably worse for you than real ecstasy. You get the teeth grinding **** too which I don't like.

Overheal wrote:
    How many schizophrenics do you know as a result of cannabis intake? I know none personally.
    That was part of my point. Also, how people do you know to have died from taking a standard dose of pure MDMA or BZP?
    Overheal wrote:
    If you regulate your intake of substances they won't do you harm. If cannabis does indeed cause/aggrivate schizophrenia then it's not gonna happen unless you're a total OTT pothead who smokes far too much. On the same note, you won't die or develop health problems from a stimulant like BZP, MDMA or Amphetamines if you don't take too much at once or don't take it too often.

My point was that you're applying double standards to drugs when there's actually no medical proof to back up your allegations. Also, your advice that someone should get weed as opposed to BZP is illogical. Why would someone looking for a stimulant want weed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 flamingo

Overheal wrote:

Most of the people with schizophrenia or other forms of psychosis I've met have themselves attributed the condition, at least in part, to cannabis intake. There's plenty of reputable research to back it up, just most people tend to say it's scare-mongering. :rolleyes:

Overheal wrote:

Many schizophrenics would disagree with that at some point in their lives. It's impact is far-reaching and often under-estimated. Just so you know!

JC 2K3 wrote:
    If cannabis does indeed cause/aggrivate schizophrenia then it's not gonna happen unless you're a total OTT pothead who smokes far too much.

Sorry to be harping on about this! And not that I'm anti-drugs at all at all .... but this really isn't necessarily the case! For some people it takes only one or two joints to trigger the reaction. It depends on personal tolerance, some people are just luckier than others; unfortunately some people just don't know until it's too late that they cannot safely smoke at all. It's a misconception to think that schizophrenia is only caused/aggravated by overuse ..

Lecture over! :)

Well the fun thing about cannabis was the one time I thought I had taken too much I (must have, but cannot confirm cos I was *BAKED*) had a raging panic attack. The fun thing about that is you're so baked all you really get is a mad adrenaline rush and (in my case) none of the paranoia, because thats just how I am stoned.

I suppose the whole reason I brought up the liver was because of my Panic attack last week (not the cannabinine one yonks and ages ago) that was paracetomol induced (for an ear infection)

After taking about 6 of the tablets in the span of 5 hours I realised through the drowsinezz *OH **** I THINK I MAY HAVE OD'd* in which case the box says get your stupid junkie ass to a hospital ASAP or you risk permanent liver damage.

Completely panicked, sweating, nauseous and adrenal I drag myself onto wikipedia to discover that I'm well below the red line (3grams intake: the red line being 10g in 24hrs) but the experience haunts me.

Another very important red line (and this is why I raised the point) is that taken chronically, paracetomol can kill with just 4g of daily dosage.

My point being to anyone taking these drugs on a regular basis that they may be more harmful than say paracetomol and may be causing permanent irreversible harm. And funk it sure people seem willing to sacrifice their lungs for a good drag but you only have one liver; and we arent talking liver cancer (which may kill you never, depending) we're talking about liver failure: without a transplant you will be dead in less than a week.

Anyway, this has been a proper lecture; and I hope I have properly conveyed my distress over the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

layke wrote:

LOL
    Erowid is a piss take
    How can anyone take this site serious?

This is the man behind it,

http://www.toad.com/gnu/

Do some proper research

LOL
    Erowid is a piss take

Do some proper research

Whats wrong with him? Or are you just making vain judgments on people you don't know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

The good thing about Erowid as a resource is that there are many well-documented experience reports so you can get a feel for the head-effects of a substance. You can avoid problems with dosage by seeing what effects a similar dose has on others. You can asses potential for harm by reading people's experiences with addiction, habituation, recovery etc... all of this IMO makes it an invaluable resource for someone thinking of dabbling in anything.

As for after-effects and medical issues, granted you're better off getting your info elsewhere. But I don't think knocking Erowid is justified. It's just a platform no matter who set it up.

Overheal wrote:
    Well the fun thing about cannabis was the one time I thought I had taken too much I (must have, but cannot confirm cos I was *BAKED*) had a raging panic attack. The fun thing about that is you're so baked all you really get is a mad adrenaline rush and (in my case) none of the paranoia, because thats just how I am stoned.

I suppose the whole reason I brought up the liver was because of my Panic attack last week (not the cannabinine one yonks and ages ago) that was paracetomol induced (for an ear infection)

After taking about 6 of the tablets in the span of 5 hours I realised through the drowsinezz *OH **** I THINK I MAY HAVE OD'd* in which case the box says get your stupid junkie ass to a hospital ASAP or you risk permanent liver damage.

Completely panicked, sweating, nauseous and adrenal I drag myself onto wikipedia to discover that I'm well below the red line (3grams intake: the red line being 10g in 24hrs) but the experience haunts me.

Another very important red line (and this is why I raised the point) is that taken chronically, paracetomol can kill with just 4g of daily dosage.

My point being to anyone taking these drugs on a regular basis that they may be more harmful than say paracetomol and may be causing permanent irreversible harm. And funk it sure people seem willing to sacrifice their lungs for a good drag but you only have one liver; and we arent talking liver cancer (which may kill you never, depending) we're talking about liver failure: without a transplant you will be dead in less than a week.

Anyway, this has been a proper lecture; and I hope I have properly conveyed my distress over the issue.
    You seem to think that all pills contain substances as dangerous as paracetamol... Pills are nothing but lumps of starch with a small amount of a chemical in them which is absorbed into the bloodstream through oral usage, THC is absorbed into your bloodstream through your lungs - you could possibly even take it as a pill and absorb it that way. My point is you can't say that because a drug is in pill form that it is more dangerous...

Believe it or not, but paracetamol is far more dangerous when OD'd on than many other substances. It was beyond stupid of you to take 6 in 5 hours. However, how does you thinking you nearly overdosed on Paracetamol have any basis in an argument against stimulants in pill form? You're just making uneducated assumptions.
    flamingo wrote:
    Sorry to be harping on about this! And not that I'm anti-drugs at all at all .... but this really isn't necessarily the case! For some people it takes only one or two joints to trigger the reaction. It depends on personal tolerance, some people are just luckier than others; unfortunately some people just don't know until it's too late that they cannot safely smoke at all. It's a misconception to think that schizophrenia is only caused/aggravated by overuse ..

Lecture over! :)
    I'm not going to say you're wrong, but find one conclusive study conducted by a neutral body that confirms this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Op, I think the best suggestion was going to Amsterdam for a weekend, leave the sprogs at home, book yourself a houseboat or apartment (there are some really cool places to stay in Amsterdam outside of hotels) and enjoy a nice relaxing smoke. It's a different storey smoking over there your completely relaxed you don't have that "their coming to get me" feeling you do here. They sell shrooms there too, well worth a try. If your worried about what people might think about you going to Amsterdam for a weekend try Rotterdam or Maastrict their preaty much the same as Amsterdam.

All those pep pills they sell in the shop are complete and utter ****e, it's like drinking a load of coffey. Other than that it only seems to be physidelics that are available over the counter like the fly stuff (never had) and salvia (which is ****e too). The only good legal high where shrooms but their gone.

• Advertisement

Salvia's not shíte, it's uncomfortably intense for people doing too much of it without experience, but definately worthwhile IMO.

And what about Kratom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

ScumLord wrote:
    If your worried about what people might think about you going to Amsterdam for a weekend try Rotterdam or Maastrict their preaty much the same as Amsterdam.

Amsterdam is just a tourist trap. Its fine for stag weekends away with the lads, but other than that I'd stay away. Just go anywhere else, for example Utrecht 30 mins south of amsterdam by train, and chill out with the locals and get a much better quality smoke for way cheaper and have a better time in doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

LOL
    Erowid is a piss take

Do some proper research

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by a "piss take"? Also what do you mean by he is the man "behind" it? As far as I know he has been a contributer to the site for a few years, like Bob Wallace the microsoft bloke and several other people were, nothing else.? Do some proper research?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Salvia's not shíte, it's uncomfortably intense for people doing too much of it without experience, but definately worthwhile IMO.

And what about Kratom?
    Never heard or used it, it's probably ****e too. I've done salvia twice (50x) all that happened was all my pours felt like they had needles in them, other than that I just felt weird for about ten minutes then it's over. No buzz atall off the stuff not even any visuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I've done salvia twice (50x) all that happened was all my pours felt like they had needles in them, other than that I just felt weird for about ten minutes then it's over.

Sounds like it wasn't done correctly. Or was bunk.

Actually, I've just remembered I've some salvia in my drawer. Try that again tonight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

JC 2K3 wrote:

And what about Kratom?

Kratom's ****e, the guy in DHS told me to put into a cup of hot choclate after a night out taking legal highs to sleep, all I got was the spinnys and a massive headache, I did fall asleep about 8 hours later and had horific nightmares..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ScumLord wrote:
    Never heard or used it, it's probably ****e too. I've done salvia twice (50x) all that happened was all my pours felt like they had needles in them, other than that I just felt weird for about ten minutes then it's over. No buzz atall off the stuff not even any visuals.
    I found salvia great the times I saw poeple do it, from afar.
    ¬_¬

50x would certainly get you going, since 15x and 20x certainly do.
    Must have done it wrong, like a lot of people do.

Last time I took it I found it very meditative. I just kept filling the pipe and lying back while puffing it slow, closed my eyes and drifted off for a bit. Pity it lasts so short...not enough time to take it easy and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bazzaremcm

http://tinyurl.com/cr5b7fk This is a program that contains certain tunes at different Hz levels to make you feel a certain way. They LOADS of drug i-dosers which feel exactly like the real thing. I tried it and thought it was great since I was sick getting high off of nutmeg ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Old thread is old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement