Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Criminal Background Check

• 08-03-2007 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Not really sure where to put this.

I need to get one, I have had it done before. No problem there.

What I was wondering is, does it need to be with police in your home country?
    I'm starting a new job in June and need to get a CBC, but I don't plan on returning home until June before I fly out again, and I'm only staying for a week in Ireland.

I'm living in NZ for the past 5 months, permanent address, and I'm employed.

It will be a few days before my job gets back to me on this, just thought I would I throw the question out here. Faster reply from the intelligent people on Boards :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

the Central Vetting Unit at Garda HQ, Phoenix Park deals with all queries and provides criminal background checks for employers, with the consent of the subject person of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is soft information provided in these checks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Bond-007 wrote:
    Is soft information provided in these checks?
    I'm fairly sure it's not. I'm not 100% sure about that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

My last job in NZ required me to get a criminal background check also, filled out the forms and gave them to my employer.

I asked him for a copy of it last week, he isn't responding to my emails or message. That make me think he never even sent the forms to the police station to be checked.

I better not need to be in Ireland to get this done

Advertisement