Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i need some help got net gear adsl router but i need a cable 1

• 08-03-2007 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

it still works fine wit lap top but pc can not go on line just says connect to router

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vertek

IF you are usin wireless for laptop, O.K.
    U can buy a cable from maplin electronics, argos, pc world etc.
    What you are looking for is a "cat5e" network cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 alphasolutions

To connect your pc to the router directly just go to any pc shop and buy an ethernet cable (RJ45). Peats(see link below), pc world, anywhere will have them. As long as you have a network (ethernet) port on your pc which you should have.

What your looking for is one of these ..

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/test_new/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=9021&sid=11&cid=135&scid=587

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭sexy darren

no sorry u tuck me up wrong i have ntl broadband but the router i bought is for an adsl connection so i had to put the enter net cabel from my ntl modem in to the router but if i had a adsl line it gos st rate in to the router because its a modem as well my lap top and pc can pick up the signal but the pc wont connect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

what model of netgear is it ?

Might be able to get you a swap for a Dlink router for cable internet connections

its a range-max adsl modem dg832pn it wood have to be a good dlink because i just payed 129 euros for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

its a di524 but comes with a booster antenna add on for very good coverage

its not as expensive I'm sure as that model you have so your probably not interested

if u add say 5o quid i might say ya but see if any 1 else nos if i can do any more befor i sell this thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

An ADSL router is useless for cable broadband. It will only route from the ADSL modem, not from any ethernet connection. Can you not return it? Most normal shops will let you return and/or exchange something like that within a couple of weeks or so (assuming you have the box and receipt and stuff).

(PS, people will be able to understand you better if you wrote your posts properly. These aren't text messages - there's no space limit! ;) )

Advertisement