Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying MS Points - hidden €1 extra charge?

• 08-03-2007 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had been steadfastly refusing to buy MS Points to buy anything on the Xbox Live Marketplace ... but then "Worms" arrived on XBLA and it's a must have, so I succumbed. I then bought SFII, just because - but had to add more Points because they come in stupid packages.

However, after buying the obligatory MS Points I checked my Credit Card Bill online and see that in addition to the Price of the MS Points I have been charged an extra €1 for each time I bought MS Points - it comes as a charge from "MICROSOFT ONLINE SVCS BILL.MS.NET IE"

Is this normal? Is it a check to verify the Credit card, if so will it be refunded? How long does that take?

I think that's rather underhanded as there was no mention of this on the XBox Live site, or on the Xbox if you try to add points from there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got a link to where the packages are explained? I couldn't find it last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Hi all,

I had been steadfastly refusing to buy MS Points to buy anything on the Xbox Live Marketplace ... but then "Worms" arrived on XBLA and it's a must have, so I succumbed. I then bought SFII, just because - but had to add more Points because they come in stupid packages.

However, after buying the obligatory MS Points I checked my Credit Card Bill online and see that in addition to the Price of the MS Points I have been charged an extra €1 for each time I bought MS Points - it comes as a charge from "MICROSOFT ONLINE SVCS BILL.MS.NET IE"

Is this normal? Is it a check to verify the Credit card, if so will it be refunded? How long does that take?

I think that's rather underhanded as there was no mention of this on the XBox Live site, or on the Xbox if you try to add points from there.

I don't get that when I buy points??
    Just bought some a week ago. Came up as:
    WWW.MICROSOFT.COM/IREL [url]HTTP://BILL.M[/url]
    right price no extra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Here's what came up on mine.
    07.03.2007 MICROSOFT ONLINE SVCS [url]HTTP://BILL.M[/url] IE Purchase Approval xxxxxxxxxxxxxx AuthCode:xxxxxx € 12.00 € -12.00
    07.03.2007 MICROSOFT ONLINE SVCS BILL.MS.NET IE Purchase Approval xxxxxxxxxxxxxx AuthCode:xxxxxx € 1.00 € -1.00

Maybe this is just a credit card check thing, that they will refund?
    Even so, there was no warning and I think that's offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

It's clearly a credit card check. It has a €1 and a €-1 which if my calculations are correct is €0. I have seen this before when doing CC checks in Vodafone. Worms Rocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Moussdog wrote:
    It's clearly a credit card check. It has a €1 and a €-1 which if my calculations are correct is €0. I have seen this before when doing CC checks in Vodafone. Worms Rocks
    But if you look at the transaction for the points there is also a €12 and a -€12 ... I know for a fact that I didn't get the points for Free :)

The columns show the cost as €1 and then €-1 is the deduction from the Credit Card.

This has not been added back on to the Credit Card, yet. If it is just a check, how long do they hold on to it before they give it back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Call xbox customer support!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

Thats weird. I did the same thing last night and by that I mean I used a credit card to buy MS points and buy worms. I'll check my statement and see if there's anything similar and get back to ye.

Advertisement