Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last 84 bus

Options
  • 08-03-2007 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the last 84 bus (the one that leaves town at 11) goes up to Charlesland?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It doesn't.

Only 84X (Expresso) and 184 go up the SAR. Nearest 84 stop to Charlesland is at the end of Vincent Road (just before the roundabout). I don't know if there's one up the top of Charlesland on Kilcoole road, but if there was, it would make for a slightly easier drunket totter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Ah no... I was hoping it did. I really wouldn't feel the safest walking down that road at night. Guess it's driving and an alcohol free night for me! Ah well, my liver will thank me for it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

wingding wrote:
    Ah no... I was hoping it did. I really wouldn't feel the safest walking down that road at night. Guess it's driving and an alcohol free night for me! Ah well, my liver will thank me for it I suppose.

get the last DART and call ahead for a cab from the station?

does anyone know if the 84N nitelink is calling to Charlesland yet - it was supposed to be extended up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kirsten25

I heard that if you take the kilcoole nitelink it leave you at the Eden Gate roundabout. could be worth checking out

I sent dublin bus a mail to see if the 84N had been extended but I never got a reply. They're probably sick of me hounding them!

I never knew there was a kilcoole nightlink?

I find that whenever I call a cab station they're booked for hours? Is it just me? Any idea how much a cab would be from the dart station?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

A cab is between €6 and €7. Try Ed's Cabs (087 4177347). Very reliable and courteous.

Joliegood wrote:
    A cab is between €6 and €7. Try Ed's Cabs (087 4177347). Very reliable and courteous.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

wingding wrote:
    I sent dublin bus a mail to see if the 84N had been extended but I never got a reply. They're probably sick of me hounding them!

I never knew there was a kilcoole nightlink

I think he must mean the finnegans bus - only the 3am bus goes to Kilcoole and Greystones and afaik it actually goes through Charlesland, but it goes all over Bray on the way so its a sloooow journey.

Advertisement