Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barber in City Centre

• 08-03-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get a haircut today, just wondering where is the best place to get a haircut? Ive only gotten my hair cut once in Waterford, and that was in Sweeney Todd. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The Jazz Barber is good, his prices are fair, I think....it's been a while since I got my haircut in town, cos we got a great new place in Tramore (I should get a free haircut for that shameless plug, lol). But back on topic, i'd give th Jazz Barber a shot. He is by the Applemarket near Ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

The jolly Barbers is best it is owned by the same person that opened the 1 in tramore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

pp_me129 wrote:
    The jolly Barbers is best it is owned by the same person that opened the 1 in tramore
    Not strictly right any more as the jolly barber is back in the original owners hand.
    But nice barber behind the kfc place if you dont know where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

News to me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Give Algie a visit....you won't need another cut for at least a year!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I use that place just off 'Awundel' Square (its painted black) dunno its name off hand.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id recommend Barbers Lane by City Square.

I wouldnt recommend "Just for Men" barbers up on Paddy Browns Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Sully04 wrote:

Yeah I started to use this one recently id recommend it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I used to go to the Jolly Barbers but then I realised that I could get the exact same cut down the road in Philly Cullens for a fiver less albeit minus the hot girls :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Jim Storin was your only man, sadly no longer with us. Ardkeen Barbers or Sweeny Todd above Sinnotts are quite good. Isn't Algy retired though?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully04 wrote:

Totally agree. Siobhan has been cutting my hair for over 10 years now, and I'd cant rate her highly enough. Siobhan has also open up a barbers out in Tramore (well actually it's open over a year now) it's the one up by Supervalue.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

decies wrote:
    Not strictly right any more as the jolly barber is back in the original owners hand.
    But nice barber behind the kfc place if you dont know where.

Jaysus, I never knew that. I knew Hilton was back working in there part time alright, but didnt know that Johnny Crowe was no longer the owner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I've been going to Sweeney Todd since he was in that place up opposite Walsh park years ago.. Never a bad word to say about Val.

Went to the Jolly barber a few times and always got the head hacked off me, wouldn't touch em again..

The turkish barbers opposite the Jolly barbers are good, but even better if you can get home for a shower asap as the smell of singed hair gets annoying after a while.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Want to step back in time? try going to Larry Hogans, just up the road from the turkish place. The inside of that shop hasnt changed since the 60's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I used to go to your man in New Art Riot there up from Revolution, have tried the Turkish place a few times as well..

Bought me own head razor instead ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

shockwave wrote:
    Want to step back in time? try going to Larry Hogans, just up the road from the turkish place. The inside of that shop hasnt changed since the 60's.
    Some man to know stuff about the town. Total gossip head. Also try Cullens around the corner on Parnell st, opposite St. Johns.

Advertisement