Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Mother of the Year

Options
  • 08-03-2007 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/celebrity/news/story.asp?news_id=3017

"8 March 2007

She’s not going to winning any awards for tact and diplomacy any time soon, but Jade Goody might be Celebrity Mum of the Year.
    The mouthy one is among 20 celebrities including Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham and Geri Halliwell, who’ve been shortlisted for the award.

And though Jade’s featured in the news a lot lately, there’s been surprise she’s been nominated after the row that surrounded her antics in the BB house – and the fact she didn’t see her kids for several days after she’d left. Oh well."

They can't be serious!!!!!

Jade = loud mouth, uneducated, aggressive, common, brash, ignorant and overbearing.

Kate Moss = Coke Head with drug addict Boyfriend/Hubbie

Victoria Beckham = Half starved, fame hungry, appearance obsessed and extremely busy (way to busy to rare her own kids without 24/7 assistance)

As for Geri Halliwell, well I don't know enough about her to comment, but she did call her kid Bluebell, and that in itself is child abuse.

They seemed to have seriously scraped the bottom of the barrel when coming up with the nominations for this award. Perhaps they should throw Britney, and maybe the scissor sisters, into the mix, for good measure!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Should be here. Reported for moving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I don't think it'sreally about the best mother to be honest. It's more a marketing tool to cause a stir like this and sell "more" copies of their magazine.;)

(see what i did there:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm a better mother than any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Sure Kerry Katona won it a few years ago! :rolleyes: It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

ClareBear wrote:

At least at the time that Kerry won it, she was remotely decent and respectable... although I do agree, she leaves a lot to be desired these days.

But as for those who are nominated this year? Its a joke and half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

It should be called Celebrity Mum with the most magazine appearances of the Year award.

If I ever meet Jade Goody in real life I will squirt ketchup all over her because she has a phobia to it. She turns my stomach since watching her in CBB, before that I could have just ignored her.

I think the Celebrity Mum winner should be someone like Melinda Messenger or Lorrain Kelly.

As for Kate Moss - she never seems to have her child with her in any pictures, which sickens me. Lots of celebrities think kids are accessories. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

For the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster....

Oh, hang on is this one of those competitions where the 'winner' gets 2 bullets behind the ear? If so, lets just put all the nominees in a line and see how far the bullets go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

How on earth DID Jade Goody get pregnant in the first place???

(no, I don't want to know about the birds and bees, just wondering which man in his right mind would go near her...*shudders*)

galah wrote:
    just wondering which man in his right mind would go near her...*shudders*)
    This guy here as far as I know. Here's certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Jack Andrew Tweed (born July 7, 1987 in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire) is Jade Goody's boyfriend. He entered the House on 2007-01-05 as a member of Jade's family. He was a master during the Master and Servant task. Jack left school at the age of 16, to become an electrician like his father, however, he soon changed career to male modelling. He is currently training to be a footballers' agent. He has courted controversy over his "****ing ****" comment and suggesting that Shilpa remove objects from the toilet with her teeth and after Jade apologised to Shilpa (on day 16), Jack continued verbally to abuse Shilpa. Jack confessed that he was very disappointed with Jade for apologising to Shilpa and called Shilpa a “Dick”. He also previously described Shilpa as a "wanker". Following Jade's eviction he has spent more time with former Miss Great Britain Danielle Lloyd, who is said to be flirting with Jack and told him "I love you" when she was drunk. It was alleged that before either of them were famous, Tweed had a relationship with Big Brother 7 star Nikki Grahame, however this ended before Tweed dated Goody or Grahame entered the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Shoula been anna nicole smith tbfh !

• Advertisement

This guy here as far as I know. Here's certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

It was actually this guy who manage to impregnate the common walrus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Brazier

Jeff Brazier (born 27 May 1979 in London) is a British television presenter and reality TV star. Before becoming a television personality, he was a footballer on the books of Leyton Orient F.C. for three years, although he never played for the first team and quit the game due to injury.

In 2001 Jeff took part in the Channel 4 reality TV show Shipwrecked, in which he and fifteen other people had to stay on a tropical island without any creature comforts. After this he took part in the ITV programme Simply the Best, as well as presenting the programmes Dirty Laundry and Big Brother Panto alongside June Sarpong. He then became a reporter for OK!TV.

In 2003 he appeared in Celebrity Wife Swap with Jade Goody, alongside Charles Ingram (the man who was implicated in the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? coughing episode). In September 2004, Jeff won the five reality TV show The Farm. He also appeared in the Living TV programme I'm Famous and Frightened!. Jeff Brazier performed as Aladdin in the pantomime at Chatham, Kent in 2005 and 2006. Prior to this he competed in the ITV wrestling competition Celebrity Wrestling and presented on Challenge TV.

In 2006 he also started presenting the revival of the CITV programme Finders Keepers. Jeff is a panellist on the new ITV talk show Loose @ 5.30!, a spin-off show from Loose Women. He was recently in The Match and Celebrity Soccer Six on Sky One, where he played for England as well as appearing on Call me a Cabbie with Carol Thatcher and Janet Street Porter. He is also one of three This Morning showbiz presenters.

In November 2006, Jeff joined the presenting team of ITV2's I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here! Now, alongside Kelly Osbourne in Australia, with Mark Durden-Smith hosting in the London studio.

On December 16th 2006 he was a guest reporter on The X Factor final live from contestant Ray's home town of Liverpool.

Jeff Brazier has two children, Bobby Jack and Freddy from his relationship with Big Brother contestant Jade Goody.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This might be slightly off topic but why do people even care about something like this? Where's the merit or value in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

jester77 wrote:
    This might be slightly off topic but why do people even care about something like this?

£

petes wrote:
    £

For whom? Maybe the people that sell the magazines or shows or whatever way this is marketed. But it seems to be the people that buy into this crap that cares. What I'm wondering is why do these people care?

jester77 wrote:
    This might be slightly off topic but why do people even care about something like this? Where's the merit or value in it?

I care because many teenagers seem to think these women are role models and should be copied in every way possible. It teaches teenagers taht you can be a really sh*t parent and yet win awards for parenting. It implies that nothing you ever do is wrong and there are rewards for everything, no matter how much of a tw*t you are.

It's a sad reflection of the society that we are now living in and the rise of the Chav classes :(

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    It was actually this guy who manage to impregnate the common walrus.
    Ah I stand corrected:o

r3nu4l wrote:
    I care because many teenagers seem to think these women are role models and should be copied in every way possible. It teaches teenagers taht you can be a really sh*t parent and yet win awards for parenting. It implies that nothing you ever do is wrong and there are rewards for everything, no matter how much of a tw*t you are.

It's a sad reflection of the society that we are now living in and the rise of the Chav classes :(

Exactly. Kids make idols out of the least likely of candidates.

To thousands of teenage girls, Britain's WAGS, are to be admired, and adored.

WHY? Well for some of us, the fact that they do nothing but look pretty and live of their partners earnings is repulsive, but to others, it is something to aspire to.

By even suggesting that Jade or Kate Moss deserved to be in the running for a parenting award is to insinuate that their behaviour should be copied by others.

r3nu4l wrote:

What happened to teenagers looking up to their parents as role models, surely that would have more merit than some so called celeb in a magazine that people know very little about except what the media decide to portray. It was when I was growing up which is not all that long ago! Although I know some parents wouldn't be the best role models :(

jester77 wrote:
    What happened to teenagers looking up to their parents as role models

In the absence of good role models, love and attention, teenagers turn to these people as examples of how to be successful, it all looks very easy and carefree. I was lucky in that my parents were always there for me but many others aren't as lucky.

I also do know a mother (in her 30's) who keeps drumming into her daughters that they should strive to be pretty and make sure that they marry only a wealthy man...they've been hearing this for years :rolleyes: That coupled with these celeb mums is a recipe for disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

r3nu4l wrote:
    I also do know a mother (in her 30's) who keeps drumming into her daughters that they should strive to be pretty and make sure that they marry only a wealthy man...they've been hearing this for years :rolleyes: That coupled with these celeb mums is a recipe for disaster.

My mother did a slightly roundabout version of this when I was in school, except it was more "if you dont study you wont get to college, wont get a good job and no decent looking woman will want ya in 10 years!"

Well, I didnt study, got to college, dropped out, and now earn more than the oul one. And when out on the pull merely pretend I earn more than I do. But thats OT :)
    Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    At least at the time that Kerry won it, she was remotely decent and respectable...

She was in me bollix. Shes always been a loudmouth skangbag. Worth a poke, but you wouldnt be taking her home to meet the family would you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Off topic but on the who would get Jade Goody pregnant issue, I think I may have found someone up for the task. Story here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ClareBear wrote:

That's cause she was able to keep the children well fed in the first year or so if you get my drift...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wonder how many mothers have posted on this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

And the results are in:

Glamour girl Jordan has been crowned Grattan Celebrity Mum of the Year.

Jordan - real name Katie Price - was chosen by the public and beat Jade Goody, Kate Moss and Heather Mills McCartney to the title. She is mother to Harvey, four, and two-year-old Junior.

"I'm so pleased to receive this award. Harvey and Junior will be so proud of their mummy," she said.

Bringing up Harvey has been tough for the 28-year-old model.

He was born partially blind and has a growth disorder, and on New Year's Eve he was rushed to hospital with burns after an accident in the bath. He is Jordan's son by footballer Dwight Yorke.

Jordan went on to have son Junior with pop star husband Peter Andre.

Grattan boss Mike Hancox presented the model with her award at a ceremony in central London.

He said: "The general public showed in their voting just how much they respect and admire her as a mother. Katie has become a symbol of how a person can constantly be in the public eye, whilst remaining a devoted and doting mum."

Previous winners include Sharon Osbourne and Kerry Katona.

Other contenders this year included Victoria Beckham, the Duchess of York and Davina McCall

Victoria Beckham's nanny will be gutted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Sure didn't Gail Platt win "Soap Mum of the Year" a few years back?!?!

Arf! :rolleyes:

The "crowning" of these "real celeb" Mums is about as credible!

Advertisement