Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louise Redknapp Size 0

• 08-03-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭

What did anyone think of the show last night? She seemed so miserable by the end of it. And that dress look absolutely horrendous on her. It was even too big by the time she ahd done the 30 days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Elphaba wrote:
    What did anyone think of the show last night? She seemed so miserable by the end of it. And that dress look absolutely horrendous on her. It was even too big by the time she ahd done the 30 days.

I thought it was a great show and I have so much respect for that girl now, what she went through was unreal. Fair play to her. I love how she thinks that at size 8 she's "curvy" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

It was a very interesting show but I think she was mad to put her body through that amount of abuse. Still, I hope it's made an impact on a few people with crash dieting issues. She really didn't look well by the end and the dress was obviously too big. I'm glad the doctor was given so much screen time as well - he didn't pull any punches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

She was mad but she seemed to be doin it for the right reasons and if one person decided to get help after watchin the show then it was worth it. I was glad ot hear at the end that she'd gotten back to normal. Its one thing dieting but dieting like that and working out for hours every day is insane. Fair Play to the gir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I didn't see the point in the programme. Why would she put her body through all that torture? She must have been desperate for some attention. Anyway she was already thin and not too far from a size 0 to begin with, I mean she didn't even lose a stone. I bet she was secretly happy she actually fitted in the dress at the end!!
    ClareBear wrote:
    I love how she thinks that at size 8 she's "curvy" :D
    Well she did have a 32 D chest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Madge wrote:
    I didn't see the point in the programme. Why would she put her body through all that torture? She must have been desperate for some attention. Anyway she was already thin and not too far from a size 0 to begin with, I mean she didn't even lose a stone. I bet she was secretly happy she actually fitted in the dress at the end!!

Don't be so ridiculous. The show was made to highlight how wrong it is to starve yourself down to a certain dress size. You obviously didn't get that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Elphaba wrote:
    Don't be so ridiculous. The show was made to highlight how wrong it is to starve yourself down to a certain dress size.You obviously didn't get that
    Well excuuuuse me! I'm allowed have an opinion and if you find it 'ridiculous' thats your problem. I find your praise for her and 'what she went through' ridiculous!
    IMO It was pretty obvious in week 3 in her 'crash diet' the very negative effects and the fast weight loss this was causing her. Why did she continue it? Everyone could see the effects of her diet programme now. I found it funny when she was crying in the doc's surgery, I thought gimme a break you fool, you brought this on yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Really, this show was just the opposite of Morgan Spurloks "Supersize Me" documentary.

I do think that it was a win-win for Louise Redknapp as she was able to show how unhealthy it was which is great PR for her and it brought her back into the spotlight as being a capable and intelligent woman who can do television... ;) Plenty more TV offers for her I imagine.

I'm slightly sceptical about her reasons, I imagine they were more career boosting than anything else but at the same time, if even only a few girls decide that they won't go size 0 having watched it then that's worth something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Madge wrote:
    I didn't see the point in the programme. Why would she put her body through all that torture?
    ££££££££££££

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Mmmm, Louise Redknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I agree with Madge to a point, Louise and her agents saw an opurtunity to capitalize on current trends and the issues that current trends impose on people, and used it to sensationalize her profile. It's ironic in a way that she had to do this to get attention and raise her career.

I think in a way she made herself a victim of her own needs. Not really a great message to send out really. No 'real' value to this show in my opinion.

Another 'Gail Porter' media failure. Who is 'Louise Redknapp' anyway?

Ps I think that 'Jo Brand' should have done the size zero thing it would be more informitave and funny and would probably have to be done in a few seasons, kind of like 'Lost' maybe, and the title fits too!

• Advertisement

Madge wrote:

Now there is a point, do you think she will follow up this project with a 'super size me' to highlight the point of 'overweight' folks. I don't think so. It strikes me that there are so many things wrong with this program I don't know where to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Useless Fecker

Nice One, 32 d melons, Go on Jamie my son!!!

Ok.... Jamie Redknapp, footballers wife, now it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Any before and after pics?

Advertisement