Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T8 Sound Moderator

Options
  • 08-03-2007 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Can anyone recommened how to keep the T8 from corroding i have it about 3 months and have put about 200 rounds through it however it is starting to corrode and i can see rust deposits at the top of it. I spray a half a can of beretta gun oil spray through it every 30 rounds or so and i put grease on the top of it but it doesnt seem to work that well?:mad: How much does the new stainless A 10 Cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Take it back to the dealer for a refund.Nothing in a suppressor or gun should rust within three months.Or you are shooting one hell of a corrosive ammo brand.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I normally spray 3+1 into my ASE S5 Ultra before in shoot. i give it a 2 or 3 second blast and then shake the S%*@ outta it. I repeat this after shooting. I also do the same with my parker hale and JLS Stalker even though both of them can be dismantled.

This method works well for me

Hezz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ruger.220swift

Take it back to the dealer for a refund.Nothing in a suppressor or gun should rust within three months.Or you are shooting one hell of a corrosive ammo brand.:eek:

Im shooting .220 swift hornady and same in remington lot of power small bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I runnning the same ammo through my S5/Remmy700 combo with no problems, maybe CG has a point

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

I remember reading about the rusting problems people were having with the T8 a while back - I thought they were sorted now and that the latest production model was made from different materials to the original?
    I'd say you're gun dealer sold you old stock?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

try a pes12 stainless steel they nearly weight about the same as the t8's,a little bit longer but not as big in diamater plus they are field stripable.

Advertisement