Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tolling petition - might work here too

Options
  • 08-03-2007 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Anyone think that a petition to have Zero tolling immediately on the M50 until the barrier free implementation comes in might have those in office do something about it? Remember its an election year !

It could be set up no problem and if we could arouse the interest of Conor Faulknan and or Shane Ross (as they both get good ear time on the radio) could really gain some momentum.

It would be no problem setting it up online, but we need someone with real knowhow to get the publics attention and make it fly.

Anyone interested ?

I apologise to all who dont have to put up with the M50 and think this is of no consequence to them, but it is an indication of how the motorist is treated in this county,and we are all supposed to be enthusiastic about driving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

i wasnt too bothered about it until about two months ago i had to start travelling from dun laoghaire to blanch every day, what a nightmare, tbh at this point i dont think removing tolls will do much because the 3 lanes split into 6/7 at the toll bridge then the merge into 2 directly after, they would need to keep it at 2/3 lanes and close off the others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

i wasnt too bothered about it until about two months ago i had to start travelling from dun laoghaire to blanch every day, what a nightmare, tbh at this point i dont think removing tolls will do much because the 3 lanes split into 6/7 at the toll bridge then the merge into 2 directly after, they would need to keep it at 2/3 lanes and close off the others

Umm, no.

They need to split it into 15 odd lanes, and then back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

A petition is a nice idea but it normally just ends up getting stored in some cabinet somewhere never to have much fucntion beyond the initial shock value of the figure who signed the petition.

I think what you need is a sticker campaign on the back of every car petitioning for it to be changed, every driver behind anyone who has one on their car is getting the message and there's much more interest and support generated.

Advertisement