Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloak of Shadows

Options
  • 08-03-2007 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Just... why?

Casters, come, share your tears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's an 'I win' button. The only way it could be better would be if it made tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its the cooldown that really pisses me off.

1 minute? Thats an always on kinda thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

have to iceblock through it on my mage and then hope fight is over one way or another before its off cooldown ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

its completely imba vs locks.

just completely rediculous as a human warlock, fear trinket, Will of the forsaken, and cloak of shadows means a dead lock. the real killer is the immunity they get.

and what really ****s me off is the hoods, how the hell can you tell the difference between an undead and troll!

rogue stuns
    sac a voidwalker for bubble.
    stab stab stab crit
    summon sucubus.
    fear... wotf (breaks, damn undead)
    fear... immune (damn immunity)
    batter batter batter
    deathcoil
    instant dots
    Cloak of shadows (bye bye dots)
    seduce... resist (hello 90% resistance)
    seduce... resist (who am i kidding)
    you have died.
    yay =/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lol, I don't even have to deal with cloak of Shadows(Shadow priest) and they still gank me for a free honor kill. 1 cc, fear on a 26 second cooldown.

But hey I have perception, means I can use it when I see them. Unfortunately, whats the point when 99% of rouges are not stupid enough to let you see them stealth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I love it for obvious reasons...

Is it needed? I don't know, I haven't pvp'd at 70 without it.

But let's look at level 60 pvp for one second - if a warlock dotted a rogue (especially with the +spell damage buff) that rogue was dead. You might if you were lucky kill the warlock, but that's assuming he doesn't get off a fear or death coil.

Mages - Mages were always tricky, because they're the least stunnable class in the game. Fire mages were killable if you relied only on burst - eg, ambush crit + gouge + backstab. If that didn't kill them, you'd need to hit them with a kick or a blind, otherwise you were ****ed.

Frost mages are special. Of all classes, there is nothing I fear more than a frost mage. How the hell do you kill a class who ignores most of your opening burst with ice armour, which he blinks and recasts, leaving your movement impaired...

I could go on, but it's all down to the same thing really. Ranged damage always has the advantage over melee. Add in the ability of every ranged class to kite and you can see a problem. Warriors at least will be able to charge and intercept to break snares.

Rogues are the most kite-able class (sans clos) in the game. Kiting as a tactic is just as annoying as stunlocking, keep that in mind. Without clos, any rogue who becomes visible dies almost instantly. Hunters dont automatically die, mages or warlocks dont automatically die... Warriors and rogues who charge into a melee (or sneak in and ambush someone) do die. There's no escape, unless you've got healing support.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Hmm lots of times I dont use it ;)

I did hit a mage for 2,200 once in a BG with Deadly throw..with the HWL gloves for the added silence.

Crafted the new blue throwing knives today,so 2,500 may be possible.

Oh COS was nerfed..it used to be every 2 minutes ..now its 1 minute and Prep doesnt work on it. heh.

Glaskopft

I was given the knives by a warrior in my guild. Been making him pots for a while, so was a nice reward. ;)

Deadly throw's alright, but I dont use it that often...

And I replaced my HWL gloves with the Assass ones.

Aye I got Ass ones too..the 2 piece set bonus is nice.

Cully you still got a rogue?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Glaskopft wrote:
    Hmm lots of times I dont use it ;)

I did hit a mage for 2,200 once in a BG with Deadly throw..with the HWL gloves for the added silence.

Crafted the new blue throwing knives today,so 2,500 may be possible.

Oh COS was nerfed..it used to be every 2 minutes ..now its 1 minute and Prep doesnt work on it. heh.

Glaskopft
    thats a nerf? shortening the cooldown by half is a nerf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Glaskopft wrote:
    Aye I got Ass ones too..the 2 piece set bonus is nice.

Cully you still got a rogue?.
    Are you in Metamorphosis? If so, you've ganked the face off me in BGs several times :-/

OFC its not really a nerf but for Prep rogues it could be regarded as a nerf.

You could use COS and all other cooldowns (cold blood/blind/vanish) then use prep and use COS again.

Rainbow,

what nickname/class you use?.

Glaskopft.

Lakirby...found it.

Is there addon that can store 'friends' from oppostie faction on?.

Id like to add all the Irish Alliance from Outland to a list.

Killrog..lets make that All the Irish from battlegroup Misery :)

Haven't seen Lakirby in a while... ;)

Seen some of you Meta lads before. Decent players. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

i'm getting ganked a lot by meta on my new shaman char Cillianx.

so.... stop it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

haha tekkit and level to 70

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Glaskopft wrote:
    Rainbow,

what nickname/class you use?.

Glaskopft.

Lakirby...found it.

Is there addon that can store 'friends' from oppostie faction on?.

Id like to add all the Irish Alliance from Outland to a list.

Killrog..lets make that All the Irish from battlegroup Misery :)
    Gogo Misery :)

(You've probably found it already... Lakirby, 70 human paladin)

Advertisement