Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoothie recipies

• 08-03-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,054 ✭✭✭✭

hi

looking to get myself a smoothies maker and want some nice combo's

most places online say frozen yoghurt is needed, but in cartons i buy in shops, it doesnt mention it, just the fruit.

If you get it fresh made in a shop, do they put in yoghurt?

any ideas would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could get the Innocent Smoothie recipe book. I have it, and it's great.

I often make smoothies, and never use frozen yoghurt. You can use just fruit (adding orange and apple juice to make it runnier), or I use fruit, normal yoghurt and a splash of milk.

Jump Juice bars add frozen yoghurt, but it really isn't necessary, unless you want a very thick, creamy texture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,054 ✭✭✭✭event

where would i get me one of them books?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

wehn i make smoothies, i use one banana, about 1000ml fruit juice and throw in some frozen berries. SImple and yummy! Often make 4-6 times this amount and keep it in the fridge for mornings.

Often just throw in whatever fruit we have in the fridege - melon, kiwi, blueberries (or any other berries), etc. Whatever the supermarket have reduced.

Not sure if it's classified as a smoothie, but we made a drink with baileys, penguin biscuits, choc ice cream and some milk - sin heaven and gorgeous!:D :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Frozen red berries blitzed with red grape juice. I love it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭mkem

You can use soya milk in your smoothie. It's a great alternative to dairy. Just add any fruit after that.

Advertisement