Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inf Only

Options
  • 08-03-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Ruined BF2,

I f*ckin hate it

What was the point ?
    Why couldnt ppl just buy COD2 or Mohaa or RTCW or Quake

Anytime i go try find a server i have to spend AGES looking for one that isnt INF ONLY ,

They give you a filter to filter out servers WITH vehicles, but not the opposite way round.

Now INF ONLY is just 24 man or 64 man karkand or some crap , your legs get tired with all that running.
    And you get squads of 6 medics just running around jumping throwing nades, and reviving each other if you manage to kill 1.

HIGH POINTS FOR B00NS mostly it is

AHHHHHHHHHH

YOUS RUINED MY FAVE GAME EA YOU PACK OF POXBALLS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Breathe in ....... Breathe out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

I never have any problems finding any non-inf only maps, but then again I live in another part of the world.

I agree though, I hate inf only too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I like infantry only mainly cause my pc cant take playing on ones that aren't lol :D

I dont see what the big deal is?

Download a program called qtracker use that! That ingame browser is aload of crap!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I too use qtracker to find my non-inf servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

SeantheMan wrote:
    Ruined BF2,

I f*ckin hate it

What was the point ?
    Why couldnt ppl just buy COD2 or Mohaa or RTCW or Quake

Anytime i go try find a server i have to spend AGES looking for one that isnt INF ONLY ,

They give you a filter to filter out servers WITH vehicles, but not the opposite way round.

Now INF ONLY is just 24 man or 64 man karkand or some crap , your legs get tired with all that running.
    And you get squads of 6 medics just running around jumping throwing nades, and reviving each other if you manage to kill 1.

HIGH POINTS FOR B00NS mostly it is

AHHHHHHHHHH

YOUS RUINED MY FAVE GAME EA YOU PACK OF POXBALLS

easy to check before you start just when u clisk on the server info comes up on the lower left ip others settings just make sure vechicles one has a zero after it (easy) but ya would love a filter option to show only vechicle or only inf maps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Its an option for those that can skillfully play without tanks or apc's or the need for artillery and its good fun when you have a good squad leader and a commander spotting enemy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have to disagree, i believe theres more skill involved playing as an infantry man in a server with tanks. You have to hide, be cautious, and take risks (i.e planting c4 on tanks apc's)

Inf only you can just be a medic....cause 80% of your team will be, then you just launch nades everywhere...and get 2 kills as youll normally get somone whos reviving someone else

Wash, rinse, repeat...boring....wheres my chopper ?

Ill have a look into this qtracker thingy
    I know about the 0 on the server info thanks
    I usually use xfire as i have a few faves on there

Do none of yous find, that say....the end of karkand, when the MEC only have their main base left, or Jalalahbad at the start when USMC only have 1....that its just a big sniperfest ? and you cant run accross to capture a distant base as youll just get shot...whereas if you had a jeep at least you could drive

Tbh, i could possibly tolerate inf only IF there were jeeps allowed...but then it wouldnt be inf only would it

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

I dont find the inf only options more skillful at all. Most of it is sniper-whoring and and nade spamming - you get very few actually good infantry maps. Most people are just in it to get a good score per minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Horses for courses, and there seem to be more inf courses as more people enjoy them. Theres no waiting for tanks or choppers and no tk'ing to get the shiny vehicle, just my opinion.

I'm up for organising a boards.ie bf2 night. In fact lets do two? One with inf only on a Sunday night and then one with vehicles in, on a locked server with only boards.ie and associates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I thought it would be a good idea to have humvees in infantry only!

I can play thats boards.ie thing now as ive sold my graphics card and a 512stick of ram to save towards my new pc lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Personally i play both and as for snipers hunt them down and shock paddle or knife them that usually messes with there head and they think twice about using that kit again :D

shock paddles ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I personally love Inf Only.

Reasons why I hate non Inf only:

1:If your in a tank/Chopper your either a Chopper whore or Tank whore
    2:Your down to your last flag and your getting raped by a tank and a chopper(great fun...)

Reasons why I Love Inf only
    1:Shows more skill.
    2:More fun because when you turn a corner on (eg)Strike of Karkand you don't have to be afraid that a tank is gonna blow you to pieces.
    3Claymoring a flag and hiding :p(I dont care what anyone says Claymores FTW!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Inf only ruined Karkand for me. Basically because of the grenades. On a 40+ person server it was a slaughter for the americans. Mec just keep throwing grenades. To get to the alleyway was an achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

I personally love Inf Only.

Reasons why I hate non Inf only:

1:If your in a tank/Chopper your either a Chopper whore or Tank whore
    2:Your down to your last flag and your getting raped by a tank and a chopper(great fun...)

Reasons why I Love Inf only
    1:Shows more skill.
    2:More fun because when you turn a corner on (eg)Strike of Karkand you don't have to be afraid that a tank is gonna blow you to pieces.
    3Claymoring a flag and hiding :p(I dont care what anyone says Claymores FTW!)

there is as much skill involved in being a good helo, plane or tank driver as being on inf only map and even more skill needed to play inf on a vehicle map. just because you can keep yourself out a tank sight is no need to dis maps with vehicles

Just cause you are in a tank it doesn't mean you are invincible. I was playing karkand the other night, and I was at the arch way at the hotel defending, there must have been 5 guys with c4 and anti-tank rockets. I didnt last too long. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

What I like about inf only is that you have just the same chance as everyone else. In past bf games it was rock paper scissors. An AT guy could take out a tank in one shot, not so any more. Same with Air, just not possible in BF2. Thats what makes conquest sucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭cobrophy

well that is true HF, the problem is, in my opinion, that many of the maps aren't designed to be inf only and hence they don't work very well. Karkland is a really good example. On 16 player Karkland US have a tank and an APC whereas MEC only have a tank - that important advantage to the attacking side disappears in inf only. Similarly the US have short supply lines to the front flag where as the MEC have much further to travel with their armour (this is even more pronounced on the bigger versions) and the idea is that that the further US progress the longer their supply lines and the shorter the MEC ones. Most of the time in inf only everyone just spawns as close to the action as possible.

To be honest I do think inf only is a good thing my problem is that some of the maps make for it being really sucky (usually ones where one side holds all the flags and the other side has to take them back - Karkland and Jalalabad are good examples). Also I kinda feel that vehicles are the point of playing battlefield games, something like DoD does a much better job of an inf only game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Horses for courses, and there seem to be more inf courses as more people enjoy them. Theres no waiting for tanks or choppers and no tk'ing to get the shiny vehicle, just my opinion.

I'm up for organising a boards.ie bf2 night. In fact lets do two? One with inf only on a Sunday night and then one with vehicles in, on a locked server with only boards.ie and associates?

im up for that !!

I think Inf Only encourages Bunnyhopping, which wasnt really nerfed with the patch. By jumping you should lose lots of stamina so as ppl dont hop around everywhere

Dont think Inf only is skillful,nade spamming and bunnyhopping. 80% ppl are support or medic

Inf only is also where most of the cheats will be, aimbots etc...only cause no use havin an aimbot vs a tank :D:D

I think its more skillful to be a good chopper pilot, avoiding the AA's etc:cool:

BF2 night sounds good :)

Another thing about Inf Only which i dont like, is that it detracts from the other maps. Lots of new ppl arent even trying to play anything esle and are missing out on maps like Wake Island, Dalian Plant, Daqing etc.:( :eek:

And how come all inf servers are the city maps?:eek:
    Wouldnt they be just as useful and different to be Inf Only on 16man Fushe or Dragon valley ?:rolleyes: :confused: ..not that i play Inf Only:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Inf only Wake, would be hilarious. 32 snipers on the chinese side, talk about shooting fish in a barrel.

Would be a bit of a slaughter alright :D:D

But i meant those maps on non info only :p

Btw....over say..the past week i was playin on this Irish server called "EuroGamerPro #12 Ranked"or something.

It says its ranked, xfire shows that its ranked, the server variable according to game-monitor.com say its set as ranked

Yet no-one get any points off it :eek: :(

Was dissapointed as its a real good server and was working my way to a promotion...anyone else get that prob ? or know why it wouldnt be ranked when it says it is ?

(unloccks are all there, bit i think that was allowed with one of the recent patches was it not..to let unranked have unlocks?)

SeantheMan wrote:
    Would be a bit of a slaughter alright :D:D

But i meant those maps on non info only :p

Btw....over say..the past week i was playin on this Irish server called "EuroGamerPro #12 Ranked"or something.

It says its ranked, xfire shows that its ranked, the server variable according to game-monitor.com say its set as ranked

Yet no-one get any points off it :eek: :(

Was dissapointed as its a real good server and was working my way to a promotion...anyone else get that prob ? or know why it wouldnt be ranked when it says it is ?

(unloccks are all there, bit i think that was allowed with one of the recent patches was it not..to let unranked have unlocks?)

Eurogamer is ranked and peers with inex (giving me a sweet ping :D)I played there the other night no problems. Sure EA restart their services now and again, I know the problem you had as Ive seen it happen a few times on ranked servers where they wouldn't update at the end of a round its rare enough though.

Dunno man, it happens all the time i go on there
    Never get any points

I cant find any other servers of theirs either, and i cant get onto any forums or anything to ask em about i :(

Their webby seems pretty new and hasnt been fully functional:eek:

Like yourself i get a great ping...only prob is lack of admins, so you always get 1 or 2 baseraping like mad :mad: :mad:

Which then causes me to switch teams and tk them :p:p

Advertisement