Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL customer "service" gone down the tubes

Options
  • 08-03-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Broadband stopped working over a month ago, called NTL, said the next appointment was in 6 weeks. Understandably, I wasn't happy about this, so they said they'd put in a priority call, and someone would get back to me in a few days. Nothing happens, so I call again, told they will put in another call, someone will get back to me in a few days. Nothing happens (again), so I call again, told they will put in another call, someone will get back to me in a few days. Nothing happens (yet again), so I call again, told they will put in another call, someone will get back to me in a few days.

At this stage, over a month has passed, so when I call for the umpteenth time the response now is since the engineer is due out next week, I'm not a priority any more (not that they had the courtesy to call me up when they decided this).

This now relegates NTL to parity with the likes of IBB in my mind...why can nobody in Ireland provide broadband that just works???

G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

My own NTL has been losing connection (no sync or not ready leds lit) every now and then for the last week. Contacted their tech support and they ordered an engineer out but I will have to wait 2 weeks for them. I did ask could they do better but there is no chance but I was informed I could request a credit for the downtime. Its not ideal but the issue is intermittant and my connection came back up 1 hour later and has been fine since. I also have a ripwave as a fallback connection with IBB which is not exactly the 6mb service i get with NTL but hey its grand working.

6 weeks is crazy ... are you based in Dublin or in the regions? I would also ask can you speak with a manager or submit a complaint seeking to get something done in a more timely fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

NTL customer "service" gone down the tubes
    Of course it has. NTL customer service is now in the hands of Chorus *shudders*.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

NTL Customer service was never any good in the first place. They must be one of the worst companies in Ireland for bad customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

Surely they're one of the best for bad customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

"best for bad"?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

maybe gbx meant, the worst for their bad customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I need to know I can trust my internet connection.

With a variety of frustrating Internet problems, I can't trust NTL.
    I can't trust that the Internet will work when I need it to.
    I can't trust that I can connect to sites that I want to look at.
    I can't trust that I can resolve a problem when it occurs within a reasonable time period (1-2 days)
    I can't trust I can get through to anyone competent enough to actually do anything.

I'm probably going to ask NTL for a refund also, given their lack of service.
    They are charging me for what is not being delivered.

So, I've signed up to Smart Instead. 8megs + no content ratio and landline irish calls for 56 / month.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭John32c

My NTL Braodband has been down since 26th of feb. Believe it or not got through vi phone and an enginner is to call me ..yeh right...

Im in D16. Anyone else haveing same problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭John32c

My NTL Broadband has been down since 26th of feb. Believe it or not got through vi phone and an enginner is to call me ..yeh right...

Im in D16. Anyone else having same problems?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think we all just have to accept that broadband is **** in ireland. Eircom has even worse csr service than chorus and NTL IMO because they have actually outright lied to me on a number of occasions. A friend is having trouble with Chorus, but essentially, all broadband in ireland tends towards suckage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I Just got a letter saying I have downloaded too much recently. Am i right in saying that NTL still do not provide a sewrvice which measures how much you have downloaded? If so you muct be able to argue that you are not able to tell how much you are downloading and so they should not be able to dissconnect you. (yes I know there is 3rd party software but you could just play dumb.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

I have Chorus and haven't had any problems!! Have had it for a number of years now.

Advertisement