Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A Newbie Question with Regards to Car Service

Options
  • 08-03-2007 4:32pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I drove a motorbike, I knew when and how to service it. Not so with my Peugeot 107, first car to drive in 15 years, so things have apparently changed with regards to the engines etc ;)

Anyways, it's one year old and so I brought it back for it's first service. Not so, it only gets 'checked' apparently and it doesn't need a proper service until it's done 20km. There's only 9km on the clock so it has a ways to go yet.
    In my innocence I presumed the oil and filters would have been changed after a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Most newer cars have a much longer service interval than older cars. What's important is that you keep an eye on the oil level regularly and always top up with the recommended grade of oil. Check you owners manual - it will tell you the correct service interval based on both mileage and time. Some cars need a service every year no matter how low the mileage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Strange, on the identically engined Aygo, it's recommended to do an oil change annually or at 15,000km whichever comes first.

I presume the Peugeot dealer replaces the cabin filter (if fitted) checks the brakes, suspension, fluids etc. meaning a cheaper service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Good point colm. Recommended service intervals here and here. But contradictory information can be found on this site! :confused: Either way Beruthiel has a bit to go yet before a scheduled service based on the odo reading. Best thing to do is ring Gowan Distributors (Peugeot importers) on 01 260 1677 and get the 'official' word. Failing that, have it serviced at 16,000 for peace of mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thanks for the imput lads.

Advertisement