Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 glovebox 6 CD changer problem

Options
  • 08-03-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,

The 6 cd changer in my 2002 reg A4 has stopped working. The error which appears when switching to CD mode is: " CDC Error". I am unable to eject any CD's from the changer let alone play them. Upon pressing the eject button all of the buttons on the CD changer flash for a number of seconds and the radio displays "CDC eject" however nothing happens. The radio is working fine.

Has anyone any suggestions please?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hello,

The 6 cd changer in my 2002 reg A4 has stopped working. The error which appears when switching to CD mode is: " CDC Error". I am unable to eject any CD's from the changer let alone play them. Upon pressing the eject button all of the buttons on the CD changer flash for a number of seconds and the radio displays "CDC eject" however nothing happens. The radio is working fine.

Has anyone any suggestions please?

Many thanks.

I've seen this before on a few A4s. Usually it means a new CDC unit - unless somebody knows of someone who repairs these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure if this will help but a mate of mine had a similar thing happen to the Ford cd changer in his Mondeo. He unplugged the power cable from the cd boot changer. Plugged it back in and the stuck cd in the magazine ejected. Also some cd changers have a tiny reset button on them if a cd gets jammed. Usually if you stick a pin or neddle in the button it resets the jammed changer.

Might be worth trying these things first or bring it to a car stereo expert before spending big money for a new one.

Advertisement