Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Reject

Options
  • 08-03-2007 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey there. I just moved in to my new house and had the phone line installed. I applied to Eircom for wireless Broadband and was told no problem. Recieved the wireless router through the post and then had to wait for the electrician to properly connect the incoming phoneline( eircom techie couldnt understand the wiring.) Subsequently recieved an e-mail from eircom saying they couldnt provide the broadband. I rang them and was told it was an "amber" light on my line, but I could try other providers !!. I am within 1/2 mile of the exchange. I tried Perlico same story. Then I tried Imagine and they said they were getting a "green" light on my line so I went ahead and ordered from them. Long story huh ? question is, can I get broadband from imagine to work through the eircom wireless router ? imagine dont supply them, imagine that !!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

they will supply you with a username and password. bang them in and away you go AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's nothing stopping you using the Eircom router (unless they want it back). However, the Netopia routers that Eircom supply are not particularly good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

Thanks for the help guys.:D

Quick update, Imagine got me to change my account over to them but three weeks later they informed me they could not supply me with broadband. I was resigned to this state of affairs until I discovered they had now closed my online account. This is where I could check the current state of my imagine account. my imagine .ie I got in touch with them and they said they were sorry and would try to rectify the situation, however I had to explain the whole eircom and imagine broadband situation all over again. The guy on the end of the line rechecked my line and said " whatever problems they had in getting you broadband I cant see it now, it looks to me like you should get it no bother. Would you like to re-order?" So I went ahead and re-ordered it. I live in Inverin Co Galway with a 593 number designation. Are they bulls***ing me or what ??:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

nope , the line may have water ingress problems on the coast leading to fails and now you passed it could lead to unstable connections in future.

its been very dry for the past 6 weeks since you started the thread ...possibly allowing a pass .

Had you looked out the window :p you might have noticed .....but it still beats dialup even if it degrades in future.

If the issue is distance not water ingress then it should only be amber if you live around the supervalu shop back there , thats pure distance.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sponge bob, it shouldnt be a question of distance because I live within half a mile of the exchange in Inverin, just up from the post office. A neighbour 150 yards from me has broadband, so it just makes me wonder! Water ingress??? 2007 and water ingress??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Driving rain , have you never seen it in Inverin !

Just wait till you get another round of storms like last winters ones :p . Its not distance as you say and as much of the cable run along the coast road is underground then its probably on your boreen only or even on the wall of your own house.

If you get an unstable dsl connection in wet and windy weather then report a fault involving CRACKLING or noises on the line to get the engineer out to find the leak or loose wire .

Advertisement