Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed ASAP accessing law databases

Options
  • 08-03-2007 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,
    I've an assignment due 4 2moro and need to find a case in the law databases, lexusnexis,etc...does anyone know how to get into dem tried lexisnexis but need password or something.
    Thanks for you help!
    PS. I missed the lectures telling us how to do this obviously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

go to ucd.ie/library. then go to 'List of Library Databases'. and hey presto! to acces westlaw ireland u have to do it thru ucd connect.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Any passwords you need for journals are shown on the "My Library" tab under UCD Connect.

Other than that if you're off campus, you should always log in to connect so it'll set the Athens Authentication cookie on your PC which the journals will see and let you in. There's a list of databases linked to on connect which the library have access to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Stirling

Not a password asuch. Open your UCD Connect Account and look at the list if tabs at the top. You'll see "My Library", "My Courses" etc.

Open "My Library".

You'll then see a box with "The Library 24/7" on the top right hand side and open the "Databases" link. If you look through this you'll find a link to Lexis that'll open without any password being neccesary.

Hope that helps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Helpneeded111

Thanks for all the help,sorted now. Cheers.

Advertisement