Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worms

• 08-03-2007 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Bought worms on the market place last night.
    It was the first thing I ever purchased on the marketplace, such a class game and I have so many fond memories of the game(so many many drunken nights).

anyone else get it? I did hear a few months ago it was coming along with sensible soccer but I didn't expect it to be here already.

Its like worms one with worms 2 graphics, not as many weapons as they wanted it to be easier to pick up, also room for downloadable content, like new backgrounds, textures, voices etc.

A few of the lads have already bought the cans for tonights session of worms...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

How many MS Points is it? I'd love to get it but funds are a bit low :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

800 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Does it have online play? I thought I heard something about that. Also I think it comes free ith the new 512MB memory cards for teh 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

As far as I know, Geometry Wars will come with the 512mb cards and yes there is online play in Worms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does it have online play? I thought I heard something about that. Also I think it comes free ith the new 512MB memory cards for teh 360

Yep, ranked play and all. It's well worth the 800 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Quality game on xbla at last.

Unfortunately its a bit short, only 20 challenges, i'm on 12 and I only got it yesterday.

Hopefully there'll be downloadable content and it'll be free/cheap.

Annoying thing is (and correct me if this was the same in the original games) is that the cpu teams all go for you, they never go for other cpu teams??

And restricting the airstrike by putting in borders around the top on certain levels is really annoying, pretty much stops homing missles from working well too.

All in all its a really cool game, worth the 800points :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

How much is 800 points ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

€12 for 1000 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Brilliant game - the only thing that has yet convinced me to buy something on XBLA ...

- 800 MS Points = about €9.60

- Online play (up to 4 player)
    - Ranked Play, etc.

Classic game in every sense of the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moussdog

Same as alot of people here it's the first thing I've bought on XBLA. Just shows you in the days of "Holy ****" graphics it still holds it's appeal. Simply great gameplay. Friends of mine who don't like computer games love worms.

Q: Only played for couple of mins last nite on my tobelerone so I'm not certain but is there only 3 different types of terrain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

yep, cut down a good bit, but still great multiplayer game.

Prob more will be added in the future as an update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bought it last night! Its so much fun, forgot all about how good this game was. And also how funny it is, the worms are hilarious!

Advertisement