Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noob

Options
  • 08-03-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    seeing as there is not a noob section id just like to say hello and give you a bit of info about myself.

im from dublin, living in meath now.ive been tinkering with rc cars for years my heart is in nitro, i race in St Annes (www.orcaireland.com) in the 10th scale its very competitive but i enjoy it. im in the middle of putting together a nitro drift car, and when all the bad weather hits i whip out the savage to keep me going.

iver got too many cars at the mo, have to get rid of some, heres a quick list, but i may be forgetting one or two:
    >hpi R40
    >hpi Savage SS
    >hpi RS4 3 Type SS (project drift)
    >kyosho Vone RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......
    >Pico integra

well just thought id say hello,just here to learn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Welcome to the foum Gtr :) looking forward to seeing you post and sharing information :)
    Good to see you have a few HPI models:) I like them myself.
    At the moment all I have is a HPI Rush Evo, Hyper7 tq, schumacher menace 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

thanks for the welcome
    cool cars, i ssen one of those evos go they inmpressed me the speed of them, made me go out and buy a T-15 for my RS4 (just waitin on a new reciever and servo and the drift project will be complete and rady to test)

where do you use your off roads?i just hit St Annes

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

Hi projectgtr welcome.Where in Meath are you,I'm close to Drogheda and Ashbourne,I'm a club member at "Navan Nitro Nuts".We normally go out every sunday afternoon(weather permits).They're building a off-road track there and got a track for the on-road tipe.

just moved out to bettystown
    yeah i was talking to a guy from your club his name is aarron, just sorting out my reciever and servo and ill be out to you guys, how do you`s keep in touch is it through a club site?

whats the on road track like would it be good for drifting?

:rolleyes: If you go to this site you will see whats going on there.
    It's the "Nitro Nuts" Site:cool:

http://community.meath.ie/nnn/index.php?Itemid=1

• Advertisement

thanks man, funny how there is a link to my clubs site on yours :) (www.orcaireland.com) ill def be down with my savage and rs4 soon keep a look out

whats your name by the way and what do you drive?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Speaking of racing ..
    Anyone going to Tymon Park these days? I was driving past last week and I could hear nitro engines, but couldn't stop for a looksee.

:D Name is Renier living close to Duleek and I have a Savage X for about 6 months:o

coolwings wrote:
    Speaking of racing ..
    Anyone going to Tymon Park these days? I was driving past last week and I could hear nitro engines, but couldn't stop for a looksee.
    We should arrange another trip there Coolwings.

I'll text u my new mobile nr next week and we can organise it. :)

• Advertisement

cool duleek is just from me, my sister lives out there, is navan nitro nuts far from there?are there any parks around where i can use my savage i upgraded the tvps and reverse gear and a couple of other things but i havent used it since, as i cant see anywhere around to use it. that was a year ago!i told myself i would never let my savage get as clean as it is now!!

hey coolwings, where is tymon park would it be aby good for bashing a savage?

projectgtr wrote:
    hey coolwings, where is tymon park would it be aby good for bashing a savage?

Tymon is between the Spawell, Templeogue and the Greenhills Road from Walkinstown to Tallaght.
    The M50 goes down the middle of it.
    RC'ers race RC rally on-road at the carpark/entrance near the Penny Black Pub on the Tallaght side.
    Offroaders go half way along the Limekiln Road side at Templeogue and use the football pitches and the scrub areas beside them.

There is no club - Tymon is a public park, free to use. If you are asked by any individual to pay to race there ... refuse, and race your car anyway. It is a public park.
    It goes without saying of course that all requests from the park staff must be obeyed.

thanks man might pop down and give it a go, allthough it sounds like StAnnes may be a bit more fun with all the crazy high hills and squirels :)

thanks for the heads up on peoplr trying to get money, no way would i pay some one to use any of my cars, they had better run and watch their ankles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Would it be ok to just show up at St Annes and bash anywhere that seems suitable though?

coolwings wrote:
    I'll text u my new mobile nr next week and we can organise it. :)
    Excellent man, I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Ratsathome wrote:
    They're building a off-road track there and got a track for the on-road tipe.
    You guys have a purpose built on-road track? like st.annes?

we sure do, the onroad track is free to use most mon-sat and sunday evenings after club rounds allthough access to the rostrum would be restricted to club members and believe me you havent raced stannes till your on the rostrum!

as for the off road yeah every where is fair game thats what i love about st annes so much space its the best savage testing ground ive ever used. all i can say is be responsible when it comes to little kids the last thing i want happening is some little kid getting hurt by some noob not giving a fcuk to mess it up for us all. i find the bmx track is the best for the savage lots of jumps and no kids. if you need directions hit me up

like coolwings said dont give money to anyone there its a public park free to use, just show it a little respect so we can keep full use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Does anyone have any pictures of the track in Navan? Is it a permanent track?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

projectgtr wrote:
    as for the off road yeah every where is fair game thats what i love about st annes so much space its the best savage testing ground ive ever used. all i can say is be responsible when it comes to little kids the last thing i want happening is some little kid getting hurt by some noob not giving a fcuk to mess it up for us all. i find the bmx track is the best for the savage lots of jumps and no kids. if you need directions hit me up

Is there a bmx track at St Annes? Or are you talking about the Nuts' backyard? Or Tymon Park?:confused:

yes there is, if you take the dollymount end as the top its in the top lefthand corner, the bmx guys made it them-selves it changes all the time but its big,there enough jumps to keep you occupied for weeks then its off to find some more in the rest of the park :)

• Advertisement

No it's not a permanent track.They build it every time there's a fun day out.It's build on the parking lot of the MDL grounds @ Navan(on the Trim road) with a podium to stand on.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

hi,ye i live rite b side tymon,but wat part u hear dem from.I also race up der wit my friends so ye its still used

I race my buggy occasionally in Tymon too.

what kinda buggy yo got?ive got a carson spector and a kod(carson king of dirt) but imostly use my cen magnum.o ye mybe i could race you some time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

:D Race him. He has a Carson Spectre unless he changed it

PS: Coolwings - yes I did enjoy ansewering for you:p

What he said!

+
    Tallus is relatively near too. We have met at Tymon and at Marley in the past.

i accept and thanks flunk for the encouragement.hey do you know what I sent coolwings a message and I found out that I alredy knew him.small worldoh ye anyone else on this work in green hobby???

Cathal.

if you were to sell some how much??
    sorry this is suppose to be about gtr's cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corpseorourke

ye theres bin bmx jumps in stannes for years use to use em myself the on road tracks sweet to havent bin down there for agesssss tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement