Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Splashing & Swishing Noise

Options
  • 08-03-2007 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

When i drive i hear a splashing/swishing noise coming from the back side of the car where the tank is, it started making the noise last week (diesel was low) and so i filled it to the brim but its still making the noise, i understand that it would be splashing and swishing anyways but it never made the noise before so im wondering is there something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Dont no But you havnt suddenly stopped listening to the radio hav u It cudda been happenin the whole time???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Do you have any bottles of liquid in the boot? This happens in my Polo aswell, but the splashing and swishing is coming from a half-full bottle of windscreen washer I threw in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

more than likely water has leaked into the boot of the car; spare wheel well ; rear storage spaces inside the rear wings or even into the doors. underneath the car are usually some removable bungs which let the water out so i'd start with that. if its in the doors there are some small vents at the bottom which can get blocked over time. open both rear doors and give them a shake and you will know straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

my catr is actually a carvan, converted from a normal car, the back doors are not openable, the handles are locked but i live beside the ocean, sometimes the car might get the odd spray from the sea cause i work at the beach on the weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I would have said water in the doors as well.

But seenashow the thought of highly corrosive salty sea water splashing around inside permanently sealed doors would probably conjur up images in your head of rapidly rusting doors, falling to pieces from the inside out and make you panic ...

I' d say it must be the diesel in your tank ...yes... I' m sure that's it ...

If there isn't any water sloshing around in the boot, try to get these doors looked at and drained somehow

• Advertisement
Advertisement