Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcard 106.69 vs Tesco 100.9

Options
  • 08-03-2007 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Is anyone actually using their motorcard these days?

Not only are they always late in updating the prices on the website, but now the prices are gone mad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Haven't used it in about a month :/

Local garages here are about 101c/litre unleaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Still cheaper than petrol in Sligo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Prices have crept back up by a cent or two in the last week.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

mike65 wrote:
    Prices have crept back up by a cent or two in the last week.
    Unfortunately the motorcard seems to be leading the way.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Motorcard seems a bit of a con. Leads you to believe you're always getting a good price by definition, but that's not necessarily so

You can't beat being aware of current (lowest) prices in your area...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It was 96.9 odd for a week there a few weeks ago. It can be good, it can be bad. One shouldn't stop shopping around just because you have a fuel card.

Statoil's wholesale price have risen 6 odd cent in the last 2 weeks. Motorcard has risen by a similar amount, as has my local Statoil station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Tesco dundrum is @102.9 for the last few days :( Was as low as 97.9 for 1/2 days there last week or the week before (same as diesel).

unkel wrote:
    Motorcard seems a bit of a con. Leads you to believe you're always getting a good price by definition, but that's not necessarily so

It was worth having a late last year, but hasn't been so far really this year. Maybe it will be again...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If the station prics is cheaper than the card price, do you get it at the station price ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I never use it, the Esso garage just down the road from me does a "Cheaper Petrol" every weekend deal that has cars queueing up every Saturday and Sunday so I fill up there every weekend, the price usually varies between 96.9-98.9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

dingding wrote:
    If the station prics is cheaper than the card price, do you get it at the station price ?:confused:

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No doubt they'll probably pass this off as being a knock on effect from the contaminated petrol crap in the UK which is absolute bollix

Hopefully someone from Benchmark and/or Statoil will be reading this thread.

HELLO.. YOU NEED TO DO BETTER.. WE'RE ALL GETTING OUR PETROL IN TESCO AND ESSO ETC NOW...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which Tesco is charging 101? Here its 98.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Which Tesco is charging 101? Here its 98.

Don't make me mad! Tesco in Maynooth 100.9 day before yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Don't you get the lower of the two prices when paying with Motorcard anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yes, but that's not much use if it's cheaper in esso/tesco, petrol card is statoil only afair

alias no.9 wrote:
    No doubt they'll probably pass this off as being a knock on effect from the contaminated petrol crap in the UK which is absolute bollix

You could more accurately blame it on the stock market forces who bought all the crude when they heard there could be a shortage.
    With the aim of making a quick buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Its unreal, I fill up every two weeks, the last time i filled it was 99 cent, now 111c/litre unleaded..same garage. knock on effect of the stock market crash in China.

Bloody motorcard, up to 106.79c this week. Tesco up a bit aswell, but still a lot better at 102.9 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

jesus the motorcard was 1.079 on the 11th - up 6 cents in 6 days!!

Advertisement