Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kumho tyres? (Long shot)

Options
  • 08-03-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Kind of desperate for 2 new rear tyres (Stuck on a space saver yipee), local tyre fitter said he'll have 2 Kumho's in tomorrow. I don't know what particular types so can't get a proper online review.

Does anyone know, in general, do they make decent tyres? I'm not after mad quality ones, just one's that won't kill me. Or do they manuf. both crappy and brilliant tyres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The DO make tyres for Rallye cars, so they should know what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

peasant wrote:
    The DO make tyres for Rallye cars, so they should know what they're doing.

Just spotted that online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I had Kumho Ecsta tyres on my Sporting years ago, they were decent enough, but not as grippy as the Pirellis that replaced them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

NO, NO, NO.

I have Kumho Ecsta fitted to my mondeo tdci, and they're useless pieces of
    sh1te.
    Noisy, uncomfortable, gripless crap. Front wheels spin consistantly when pulling away from a junction in wet conditions, under moderate acceleration.

They were newly fitted when I bought the car, and Im changing them asap.

Dont insult your BMW by putting these on.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I have 4 kumho ecstas on my S320, I'd agree with the previous post about being noisy but overall not that bad and cheap enough.

• Advertisement

Mixed opinions!

I'm gonna ring the guy tomorrow and get the exact model number of them. Thanks everyone, keep them coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Two new Kumho's will surely be better than two sh1te old ones. :eek:

What are you wasting your time posting on here for? :confused:

Go put them on the car and keep yourself alive to post next week. :cool:

Cerbera wrote:
    Two new Kumho's will surely be better than two sh1te old ones. :eek:

What are you wasting your time posting on here for? :confused:

Go put them on the car and keep yourself alive to post next week. :cool:

They're going on tomorrow. 2 ****e one's doesn't even cover it - 1 sh1te tyre and 1 sh1te spacesaver! They're going on first thing tomorrow :)

Advertisement