Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day Trip To Cork City - Things To Do?

Options
  • 08-03-2007 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't been to Cork since I was a baby in a push chair and have decided its time to go back and explore it a little (new GPS in car hopefully means I'll not get totally lost).

I also have a slight thing about Cork girls accents *ahem* so reckon this trip can only be a win win.

Only going to be there for a day due to other commitments, so has anyone got any recommendations for things to see and do in a day in the city?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nothing to see or do on Cork then?, hmm rather suprised at the lack of responses.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chazza_2007ie

why no one wrote is becoz , wat do u wana do wen u come to cork ? u coming on ur own or with friends ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Do you want to stay in the city or go out into the county bounds.
    If it's the county bounds..do you want to go north, south, east or west?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sorry, we're busy beating the crap out of tossers that use txt spk on web forums.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

You spend the day helping us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

fota,or the pub,westcork is nice,scenic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

We never do things tourists do here so how would we know? I suppose you could google a tourist information site and look for Shandon Bells (see if they'll let you play the A-team tune), go to Blarney Castle, Fota Wildlife Park or leave the car and do an *extended tasting tour of the Jameson Distillery.

*i.e. go on the piss afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks for the suggestions all.
    Took the drive down there and really enjoyed my short stay.

Beautiful City, but jebus I thought Dublin traffic was bad..I was wrong!!, or maybe it was because it was a Saturday?

Also, how come there is no parking ticket machines at all there?, everyone seemed to be using a prepurchased parking scratchcards which seems a bit inconvenient?
    I just parked and as I couldn't pay I didn't (no shops close to where I parked), seems a silly way to loose revenue to the city imho - I'd guess about 50% of the cars around mind didn't have the scratch cards either, you wouldn't see that at all in other places with pay and display machines, mine included in my opinion. Not a criticism, just an observation, free parking in a city centre, great!!

Also got chatting to a few Cork girls when asking directions (I got totally lost at one point), boy that accent floors me :), I reckon Cork girls sing to you rather than just talk hehe.

Saw what must be the steepest hill in Ireland across the river, has any Corkonian ever cycled up that and lived to tell the tale??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The tour of Ireland (Kellogs?) has a stage that goes up and down it about 20 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chazza_2007ie

must of been patricks hill you should of taken a walk up there n had a look of the view its lovely shows the south side of the city from there... glad u had a good time n glad it wasnt me that u stopped for directions lol we dont sing our words lol ah only jokin :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I can rember they did the Red Bull stock car thing down it,Quite Funny.

Also Most citys in Ireland use that Card thing,Most shops have them to.

Heh,Also Cork has a variety of accents and many things to do,Use our eyes-0o-

Advertisement