Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

design and comm's graphics

• 08-03-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

this is replacing the old tech. drawing course. the td course is gone after this year also. does anyone really know what this new one will be about

40% for a project
    60% for a 3 hour exam

thats all i know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

The subject will consist of two core elements-

1. Plane and Descriptive Geometry (Ortho Proj, Aux Views, Perspective, Axonometric, Conic Sections etc etc)

2. Communication of Design and Computer Graphics. ( CAD/Parametric package called Solidworks, Freehand sketching etc, etc)

Then a further two options must be studied.

Hope this is of some help, but it would be best to talk to your Graphics teacher about this in more detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm hoping to pick this for the LC (I'm in TY), so we'll be the first year doing it.. a 40% project sounds good. I'm also glad there's a good bit of CAD on the course. My teacher (good as he is) doesn't know much about it though.

Advertisement