Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does this symbol mean??

Options
  • 08-03-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭

hey, i was wondering does anyone know what this symbol means? im assuming its japanese, or chinese??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

hey, i was wondering does anyone know what this symbol means? im assuming its japanese, or chinese??

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

That's a headless person with no hands & a broken leg!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Looks like a stylised version of ? (dai, oki) meaning big, large in Japanese, can't say for Chinese.

Stroke order is wrong though, looks like a mirror image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

That's a headless person with no hands & a broken leg!
    LOL, yeah, thats what i keep seeing

meh, i only did it up in paint, im going to a Mauro Picotto gig soon, and he has that bleached into his hair, (or shaved?) and me being kinda sad, thought it might be kinda cool to do the same

edit, that should work now

edit again, cheers, i think thats it
    Dai 大 is also a Sino-Japanese morpheme for 'big',

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Tea Break??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Moved this to Japanese hoping you might get some more replies.
    If you want it back in art and architecture then let me know.
    Karen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 or

it's in both, and it means big/large in chinese it's read da i think intonation on 4, japanese is dai/tai/ ooki and there's probably more

Advertisement