Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch round in a year!!!

• 08-03-2007 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

http://scratchtoscratch.wordpress.com/

Guys,

I came across this today. Some achievement... anyone ever try something like this ?

Must get the 3 free chapters, reckon the book will be a very interesting read.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Davkie

Or you can read about his progress from start to finish here.

http://www.iseekgolf.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7109&st=0

Its an Australian golf form , thread is very long but he details his practice routines and things that helped him. He's from Northern Ireland can't remember exactly where but owns a range of garden centers and has some connection to the golf center were he hit about 300 balls a day for a year.

His book could probably be summarized as follows -
    Hit lots of balls everyday
    Play with + handicap golfers
    Work on the shortgame , watch Seve's shortgame video everyday
    Use EFT tapping technique for the mental side.

Thats it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Davkie wrote:
    Work on the shortgame , watch Seve's shortgame video everyday

Which video's this?? I could do with shaving about, um let me see, TEN shots off my round! Short game'd be a good place to start :o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Davkie

The video is " Seve Ballasteros the short game "

There is one on Ebay now , thats were I got mine. Its alot better than the over technical Pelz stuff in this area IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scratch2scratch

Hi folks

The marvel of google and checking my blog logs sent me here.

That is indeed the thread Davkie and fair play to you for wading through it. You're not a million miles off in your summary either:D

Except I actually only managed one round with my + golfer mate - I'm convinced as much golf as possible with the really good guys does make a huge difference though. I definitely played much better (still do) when I'm lucky enough to play with scratch guys or pros. It changes your mindset and I think we all tend to play a bit at the same type of level as the people we are playing with.

EFT did indeed help a lot but that was only at the very end. I had a fair bit of help from a couple of mind guys during the year too in other areas. EFT is an incredible thing though. I have actually written an ebook with the guy who helped me. I'd love to be able to seize the commercial opportunity and try and sell it to you but it's not quite ready yet. :)

You're 100% correct about the Seve thing though. I wore out a copy of that video and had to buy another. Seve plays a huge role in my book too (as hopefully you'll see if you buy one;) ) as a sort of silent mentor throughout the year. Being 39 (37 then) I grew up in the "Seve" era and it was impossible to not be taken in by his spell like so many of us were with George Best, Ayrton Senna and Ali - even if you never played the sport.

This is the video

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEVE-BALLESTEROS-THE-SHORT-GAME-video_W0QQitemZ110101411499QQcategoryZ1508QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is nearly always one on ebay although I've noticed they seem to be creeping up in price a bit because they aren't in print any more.

It's pre-lob wedge and gap wedge but a brilliant way to try and grasp the Seve feel. I still visualise Seve hitting any short game shot every time before I hit it myself.

Trust me - there's a lot more to it than went on the Iseekgolf forum thread. For a start there are major chunks missing where big arguments broke out and stuff had to be deleted. I also had periods where it was all going a bit pear shaped and I learnt to keep it to myself to avoid the vast amount of insufferable "I told you you'd never be able to do it" folk that were on there.

If you followed it originally you'll also know that a lot of the folk who said "no chance mate" when I first proposed the challenge subsequently retracted their posts during the year and at the end when I did it. Sadly the first big row when I was called a "w@nker" by one of the members for even attempting it has also been deleted.

IrlDigi - not sure if you have asked for the three chapters yet. can't see your name on the email list but email me or PM me if you'd like to read them. I'd be interested in your feedback. That applies to anyone else obviously too.

Cheers

John Richardson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

well done John on your achievement, any chance you or someone else on the forum could outline what the EFT process consists of?? Is it worth it for an average golfer or should it be only used in relation to attaining a fixed goal as in your case

• Advertisement

The basis of the whole thing is here.

http://www.emofree.com/

It's a general process that has been applied to golf. David Walters who worked with me has amende it a bit to fit a variety of problems. For example he does a huge amount of work with guys coming back from Iraq with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

He can be found at www.helpmeovercome.com

I'll send you some other stuff.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

great achievement John, I remember reading about it back in Today's Golfer at the beginning and thought to myself 'feckin eejit, hasn't got a chance"

Fair play for making me eat those thoughts!

:D

Funnily enough that is exactly what the Today's golfer guy said to me when I completed it. He said they all laughed about it when I first proposed it and thought the (english equivalent of) "feckin' eejit" and just carried on with their day. :)

Advertisement