Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 to announce forced redundancies

Options
  • 08-03-2007 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Absolutely devastated.

My husband has been confirmed today his company O2 are making lots of people redundant, and not even voluntary redundancy, forzed.

we are absolutely devastated! i am a house wife, with kids and a mortgage, things not looking well, His department is going down.

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

sarah2008 wrote:
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Absolutely devastated.

My husband has been confirmed today his company O2 are making lots of people redundant, and not even voluntary redundancy, forzed.

we are absolutely devastated! i am a house wife, with kids and a mortgage, things not looking well, His department is going down.

:mad:

Jaysus ! I know someone who only just moved jobs to O2, is it defo official ?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

link? they'd be the 3rd place today to let people go if true..

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

im a contractor for o2, i havent heard anything about, but with vodafone letting people go they probably want to reduce their costs aswell....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Suspicious post - I'd say its someones little experiment.

Either that or Sarah2008 really did find out this bad news concerning the future of herself and her spouse, rush off to her PC, seek out boards.ie - register a new account and navigate to boards.ie > Biz > Personal > Investments & Markets and post to tell us all about it ?

- My sources within O2 don't agree with this either.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

i agree raiser.... something is afoot on boards......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

Trying to see if you could get the share price lowered maybe?
    You'll have to do a hell of a lot more than 1 post on boards.ie for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Signing up with an email address containing the phrase "o2sucksmycock" indicates a throw-away-account.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ray007

Hi there

Unfortunately it is true.

I know someone working in there and have been told by his 2 inmediate bosses.What they don't know yet is who, how many of them or when it will be applicable. But the rumours in his office aer that by the endof this quarter they will all know. Also that a 10% global reduction is on the way.

In fainrness it wouldnt' surprise me as they seem to be copying Vodafone in everything they do.

About that name who started the thead is very suspicious....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I've heard it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

hmmmmmmmmm.. This rumour doesn't appear to be gathering too much speed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

reducing staff usually increases the market price of companies

My friend who works for o2 has heard nothing about this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

dunkamania wrote:

My friend who works for o2 has heard nothing about this

Everyone working in head office on the quays has...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 guest_user

100 voluntary redundancies being looked for....

http://www.rte.ie/business/reports/mibusiness.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

You'll have to do a hell of a lot more than 1 post on boards.ie for that.
    I'm sorry I'll have to laugh at this comment. :D

Yes, the market will be sad the people are leaving and feel sorry for them so the share price will fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Also you cant buy shares in O2 anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

I'm sorry I'll have to laugh at this comment. :D

Yes, the market will be sad the people are leaving and feel sorry for them so the share price will fall.

Surely job lossesor rumours thereof may in some cases be an indicator of poor performance or losses in a company. This in turn will affect confidence in the market and therefore fearing further losses, investors will sell and price will fall.

But i think it would take more than a rumour on Boards to rock the share price of telefonica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flockofseagulls

when I first heard about this my first thought was of the 80 redundancies Voda announced a short while back.
    I think O2 are making money hand over fist and the 100 job losses are some kind of token gesture at competetiveness.
    They want to be seen to be cutting costs (a la Vodafone).
    the market share they hold is kind of artificial anyway, because of the lack of competition in the Irish mobile market (changing now it seems)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Raiser wrote:
    Suspicious post - I'd say its someones little experiment.

Either that or Sarah2008 really did find out this bad news concerning the future of herself and her spouse, rush off to her PC, seek out boards.ie - register a new account and navigate to boards.ie > Biz > Personal > Investments & Markets and post to tell us all about it ?

- My sources within O2 don't agree with this either.

Sarah2008 1 : Your Sources 0

Advertisement