Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog ate pipefish.

Options
  • 08-03-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I had the dogs out a Derrymore beach today (just outside Tralee) and as there is hardly ever anyone there I let them run loose. They love trying to catch the seagulls and have a fine good run for themselves.

However I noticed that the female had caught something which was wiggling in its mouth. I had never seen this type of fish before but thanks to the internet I now know it was a pipefish. I was just wondering if they are any harm to dogs? :confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pipefish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Oops wrong section - I meant to post this in the pets section. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

How did you end up posting that here? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Moved. Like Silverfish, I'm kinda curious as to how you managed to post that in Classic Cars too, though I suppose that could drag things off-topic somewhat.

Pretty sure pipefish aren't poisonous. Some of the prettier ones are sometimes kept as pets, so this thread's a real double-whammy of animal & pet goodness (psst. I think I may have got it back on-target).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Oops wrong section - I meant to post this in the pets section. :o

I had just posted a post in classic cars and forgot to change section. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nothing wrong with a pipefish at all,they may looka bit odd but they're in no way dangerous.A weeverfish would be a different kettle of fish(:o ) but you'd have soon found out if the dog had been stung,he'd be yelping like mad and you'd never have been able to calm him down.Nice bit of protein that pipefish and fresh too!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement