Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does design software and hardware cost?

Options
  • 08-03-2007 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

And what exactly is needed for setting up a pro studio for one designer? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What software would you be using? And what exactly will you be using it for?

There is a big difference between doing heavy 3d modelling and designing a logo for a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

im guessing that you mean as in design for print?

well i use a imac g5 and adobe illiustrator, photoshop and indesign.
    pretty expensive overall but what ever industry your going into, your going to need the appropriate equipment, and its going to cost money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

The equipment is for creating both still and motion content and editing together video content. What is the industry standard eqiupment for this and if you don't know rough prices, where can I find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

frobisher wrote:
    The equipment is for creating both still and motion content and editing together video content.
    It still depends on the software/type of content you are creating. For instance if you are creating 3d models and animations for games/films its more than likely 3ds or maya you will be using, and will need a powerful machine. If you are creating 2d stuff, photoshop, illustrator, flash or fireworks will be more useful, and your machine wouldn't need to be quite so powerful.

As for video editing, unfortunately I have no idea :), but I would assume your machine would need at least a hefty processor and lots of RAM.

[edit] corrected link

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

for video editing and multimedia side of things you'd need adobe premiere pro and adobe after effects.
    but then you'd also need software like photoshop and illusrator to create the graphics etc to put into these programs, should you require them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement