Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling All Old Fogies...!

• 09-03-2007 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hello All,

Just wondering if there are any aging rockers/poppers etc in the north Cork area who have guitars, keyboards, microphones, brass etc in the attic covered in dust, and would like to meet up for a jam to see if they still have it???

This drummer would like to meet you. No pressure, no gigs (well not at this stage!) just a bit of fun!

I'm a 70's child but I like everything from Cliff to Angus, and a lot in between.

If you have an all time favourite set list, bring it on! Nothing should be dismissed without trying.

Once again, the emphasis is on fun, good music and the pleasure of playing.

If this isn't you, do you know someone who fits the bill? Let them know!

Thanks for reading and hopefully we can start something to enjoy.

My very best regards, Rusty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I'm in Dublin. I 've answered a few similar type posts about playing for pleasure, but I think I'm too old for the up and coming rockers (who also seem to be in a hurry to "make it "). However I'll keep trying.
    Hope you get lots of replies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

what's classed as an ould fogie these days anyways? If you're a 70's child your'e in your 30's...that ain't old chief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It is to an 18-year-old! ;) Actually, some 70s children at this stage would be in their 40s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Best of luck with that Rusty, sounds like a great idea and lots of fun to be had. Hope you get helpful replies.

Dudess wrote:
    Actually, some 70s children at this stage would be in their 40s!

If they were born in the seventies...ney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

From north cork myself, but am busy with my band in Limerick at the moment. If youre truly stuck for a bassist later on, send me a PM, but I'm in my late 20s and my 70s tastes don't stretch far beyond Sabbath, Zeppelin and Floyd.

Still, I'd be excited to hear how it turns out. Best of luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Rusty Knight

When I said I was a child of the 70's, I actually meant that I was in child IN the 70's......!!!!!
    I never thought a simple remark would have you all getting out your calculators/calendars etc LOL

Thanks for your replies and your good wishes.............I wait in hope!

Rusty

BTW, I'm 40 yo......and I have been told by young 'uns (what knows 'bout these things) that I am definitely in 'old fogie' territory....!

Ah, no respect.....see, in my day you'd................waffle waffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Seems like a lot of people of our "generation" are either too busy or have established jamming buds/bands. Can be hard to start something new.

I'm 35 meself....livng up around Drogheda and i've had the same experiences...too old. That pisses me off. Personally i would prefer to play with folk in the same age group but all the bands looking for guitarists are late teens /eraly twenties. :(

Hi,

I'm curious to know how the project is working out. Have you managed to get a few "old timers" ;) together for a jam ?

• Advertisement

I'm up for it but I'm up near Drogheda

I'm up for it but I'm up near Drogheda

Same here, but I'm in north Dublin. If there was a half-way-house somewhere to practice, it would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Just turned 40! Playing since age 13 BUT I am in Dublin. You should consider moving :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Maybe its time to hijack this thread and get some Dublin people together for a session?? I'd be interested if anything comes of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rufus macdufus

How far north of Cork are you Rusty?
    I'm just outside of Cork city (Carrigtohill), play guitar and have a fair amount of free time usually.

deswalsh wrote:
    Maybe its time to hijack this thread and get some Dublin people together for a session?? I'd be interested if anything comes of this.

Likewise.

Rigsby...what do ya play yourself?

Rigsby...what do ya play yourself?

Bass guitar.

fancy meeting up for jam?...sure listen PM me altogther rather than hijacking this thread

fancy meeting up for jam?...sure listen PM me altogther rather than hijacking this thread

PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement