Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What usb sticks are compatible with xbox1

Options
  • 09-03-2007 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Dont fancy buying the datel AR device for €30 as I have an xbox usb lead that lets you plug in a compatable usb stick. So I am just wondering if anyone can confirm one they have used and that it worked.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

link here http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_USB_Compatibility_List for compatible usb sticks for unmodded xbox.samsung 1gb usb stick working fine for me on softmod xbox ,looks like this one here http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=101137
    .DO NOT get this 2gb usb stick http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=101810
    for use with xbmc as it does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

I can post you my XBOX memory card if your interested if your trying to soft-mod your XBOX. I have Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 on it, works like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers for that Mayto, I notice the link to the first one of the Samsungs you say looks like your 1GB one is a 2GB. By any chance does yours have any model number on it?
    Appreciate the offer Ongarite but I am hoping to buy a usb stick thats compatable to use as a handy gamesave transfer even after I have done the softmod.
    Are either of you lads finished with your ones and want to sell or even exchange for the 2GB samsung one of 7day shop. Another words I am going to buy the one Mayto suggested but if no joy would be interested in swapping for a smaller GB if anyone out there has no use for their xbox compatible usb stick

Cheers Cubix

I understand that not all usb sticks are compatable but I tried using my verbatim using this tutorial http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/USB_Storage_To_Xbox_Memory_Card_HOWTO

by following it to a T all seems to go well. But when I have transfered the game save hack onto the usb stick and then put it into the xbox via my usb lead the xbox beeps and then gives me the error msg "that it wasnt working properly and has erased the usb stick". ITs the same error msg you get when you put the usb stick into the xbox at the begaining of the process. Is this a sign your usb stick is not compatable or if your usb stick was not compatable would you not get past stage one of the process?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

you should try the xbe exploit tutorial instead of gamesave method to softmod box which you will find on forums at xbox-scene.com (xboxhdm for dummies thread). i think its a lot easier to do than the game save way. give me a shout if you
    need help, have softmodded loads of xbox's for mates.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Mayto, will check it out. I found the gamesave hack pretty easy to do the first time I did my own. But then my 3yr old got his hands on my usb stick I had been using and I have not had any luck since getting one that seems compatible with the xbox. After getting the compatible list I seen the psp with the standard 32mb card was good to go. But when I do all the necessary’s and then start up A/replay the psp causes it to crash. I say this because if I unplug the psp and restart AR no problems. Have tried it on a second PC and get the same problem. Anyways thanks again will try your link;)

Cubix

Had some success last night with a sony psp. The xbox will accept the psp but AR will crash if the psp is present even though I have done the step by step guide. Another words used usbview.exe to get the X's+Z's and put these into the drivers section of Datel. Because AR was crashing it meant I couldn’t get the linux files onto the psp memory card. To get around this I copied the files from my modded xbox but would still like to know why the psp is crashing AR.

Advertisement